In the last month I've been in reading heaven.
I'm done with school and I don't have a job [yet] and I can finally JUST READ and do ALL the bookish things I was wishing I could do when I was in grad school and up to my knees in writing papers and doing research.
In my month of bookish heaven...
1. I can dedicate most of the hours in the day reading with minor distractions (e.g., hunger, the call of nature, the urge to play a rousing game of Candy Crush and finally pass level [insert ridiculously hard level here], my mom calling me to remind me to prepare something for dinner...)
2. I can stay up 'til dawn to finish a particularly riveting read--something I can't do if I have to get up at 6 AM to go to work and be able to function.
|Michelle & Aubrey sniffing books!|
|Ichabod <3 <3|
7. My biggest dilemma is deciding which book I want to read next.
8. Catch Epic Reads' #TeaTime live show (watching it later is not the same).
10. Rearrange my bookshelf for the umpteenth time.
|Is there anything more awesome than a bookshelf you can swing on?!|
But all good things must come to an end because I found a job** and I'm starting work today. **Sigh** Because as much as I love being in bookish heaven, it really sucks not having any money.
But on the bright side, once I get my first paycheck, I'll finally have money to buy books again. So, YAY!!
Have a great weekend and happy reading,
**It's not a library job like I want but it's still a good one. I'm going to be a teacher again--kindergarten this time around.