Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Book I Covet: The Perilous Sea by Sherry Thomas

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 with
I really, really enjoyed the first book in the series The Burning Sky (my review) and I'm dying to read book 2, The Perilous Sea.

From acclaimed author Sherry Thomas comes the striking sequel to The Burning Sky, book two in the Elemental Trilogy, for fans of Cinda Williams Chima, Rae Carson, and Kristin Cashore.

After spending the summer away from each other, Titus and Iolanthe (still disguised as Archer Fairfax) are eager to return to Eton College to resume their training to fight the Bane. Although no longer bound to Titus by a blood oath, Iolanthe is more committed than ever to fulfilling her destiny—especially with the agents of Atlantis quickly closing in.

Soon after arriving at school, though, Titus makes a shocking discovery, one that makes him question everything he previously believed about their mission. Faced with this devastating realization, Iolanthe is forced to come to terms with her new role, while Titus must choose between following his mother's prophecies—and forging a divergent path to an unknowable future.

Sherry Thomas brings her trademark blend of dazzling magic, heartbreaking romance, and exciting action in this striking sequel to The Burning Sky.

The Perilous Sea will be released on September 16, 2014. Click on the cover to go to the book's Goodreads page.


What book(s) do you "covet" this week?
Leave us a comment with a link so we can check your WoW of the week too.


 
"Books I Covet" is a weekly or bi-weekly blog post series we do here on Wednesdays. It will feature books we are very excited about reading and plan on buying/borrowing in the near future. It is basically the "Waiting On" meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine, but we just like the title "books we covet" better. We will include the books' blurb, cover art, and/or release date if they're available. 

12 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to this one too-dying to know what comes next for Titus and Iolanthe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pick! Is that a dragon in the water? I like it :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard so much about The Burning Sky and how great it is...but I like the cover to this one even better. Not reading the synopsis in case of spoilers! Great pick!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember hearing a lot about the Burning Sky, but have not checked it out :) I hope you enjoy this one when you get your hands on it!

    Janina
    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aly @ My Heart Hearts BooksFebruary 26, 2014 at 8:50:00 AM PST

    Wow I haven't heard of this series before but I'm absolutely in love with this cover. I seriously think this deserves some kind of award. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i haven't heard of this series, but it sounds great and I hope you'll enjoy it. thanks for stopping by my blog earlier. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pick :) I'm looking forward to The Perilous Sea too.

    My
    WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am looking forward to this one too! Looks great!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  9. Burning Sky is actually at the top of my TBR at the moment, I need to read it! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read the first book in this series. I sure do love that cover! I hope you enjoy reading this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks great! I don't know about you, but I judge books by their covers. And this one? Instant cover love.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  12. Every one the First book is GREAT!!! I own it and I have read it about a million times. And the second book so far is also great!!! (I haven't gotten past chapter 2)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.