5 Things You’d be Surprised to Learn About Jill Shalvis + Once in a Lifetime Excerpt


Hello fellow romance lovers,
If you're a long-time visitor of our blog it'll come as no surprise to you that I am a huge fan of Jill Shalvis' novels, especially her Lucky Harbor series books. So, I'm very excited to be part of the blog tour to celebrate the release of Once is a Lifetime, which comes out today (Feb. 18th).  

Once is a Lifetime is the 9th book in the series (but all the books in the series can be read as a stand-alone) and it's the long-awaited story of Ben McDaniel and former "mean girl" Aubrey Wellington. Here's more about the novel.


SOMETIMES WRONG IS OH-SO-RIGHT

After a wrenching loss, Ben McDaniel tried to escape his grief by working in dangerous, war-torn places like Africa and the Middle East. Now he's back in his hometown and face-to-face with Aubrey Wellington, the hot-as-hell woman who is trouble with a capital T. Family and friends insist she's not the one to ease his pain, but Aubrey sparks an intense desire that gives Ben hope for the future.

Determined to right the wrongs of her past, Aubrey is working hard to make amends. But by far, the toughest challenge to her plan is sexy, brooding Ben - even though he has absolutely no idea what she's done...

Can this unlikely couple defy the odds and win over the little town of Lucky Harbor?




We asked Jill 5 things you’d be surprised to learn about her and here's what she had to say:


1. I really do eat a lot of cookies

2. We really do get a lot of bears in our trash

3. Frat Boy really is named Frat Boy

4. I can’t spell to save my life

5. And I hardly ever really use real life people in my books

For about Jill and her books, visit her website and join her on Twitter.



Once in a Lifetime Excerpt

“You’re incredible, Ben, you know that? You’re an insensitive, first-class jerk, and–”

He leaned in. “And what?” he asked, voice dangerously low.

“And…” Stymied at her ridiculous and constant reaction to him, Aubrey put her hands to his chest to give him another shove, but somehow got her wires crossed and she fisted his shirt instead.

“Dare me,” he said softly.

Oh, how she hated how well he knew her. “I dare you to kiss me,” she whispered, and then to make sure he did, she put her mouth on his first…

How's that? Short but sweet, yeah?

Forever/Grand Central is also doing an awesome giveaway for the blog tour. Enter below.
a Rafflecopter giveaway

Good luck and happy reading,
Michelle

P.S. Don't forget to pick up Once in a Lifetime at your favorite bookstore or library!

9 comments

  1. Chloe & the Sheriff are the best! But I am really looking forward to Ben and Audrey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for having me here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't really watch reality TV now, but in high school my family used to watch Survivor together every week. It was the only reality TV show I could ever get into!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do not watch reality shows on TV. I think they are all made up and fake, and stupid.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I mostly watch a lot of trashy reality tv. Most of the shows on Bravo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great haul! Wow the final cover for The Kiss of Deception is amazing, I want that on my shelf. I hope you enjoy all of your books :) My STS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to watch all kinds of reality shows - The Real World, the Real World challenges, Real Housewives, etc. Now when I do watch, I usually just watch the competition type shows - Project Runway, Top Chef, shows like that

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't usually like to watch reality TV shows. I like the competition kinds and Bad Ink on TLC. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I watch a lot of what is considered reality TV. My default background stations are Discover ID, and foodnetwork/cooking channel. The only competative reality show I watch is American Idol.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.