Friday, January 24, 2014

Hello fellow bookaholics,
Since I graduated and is currently unemployed, I have been reading A LOT. Yay!! Not having a job? Not so yay... But let's focus on books because thinking about being unemployed depresses me.

I'm very excited about my reading goal for this year, which is to start some of the most talked about series of 2012 and 2013 that I missed out on in the last two years. Why start those series now? Well, I purposely avoided staring some of the popular series and trilogies many of you guys are reading last year because

1. Waiting up to a year for follow-up books is torturous, especially if the author is evil and ends the novel in an awful cliff-hanger.

2. By the time book 2 comes out, I've already forgotten what happened in book 1 and I don't have time to re-read.

 But now is the PERFECT time to start them because many final books in those awesome series/trilogies are being released this year. No more [or less] waiting in between books!


I've read ten books so far (which is really good for a slow reader like me) this January and I started two new series: Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi and Defiance by C.J. Redwine.

I LOVED Under the Never Sky. Now I know why people are crazy about Perry and his berries!
**swoon**
Unto Through the Never Night!!

I am less enthused about Defiance. There was a lot of action so I wouldn't say I was bored exactly but it was so long--too long. Things were happening but the main plot wasn't moving fast enough. I also didn't really connect with Rachel, which didn't help. But overall Defiance was good enough that I am planning to read book 2.

Other series I'm hoping to start this year include:

Ally Carter's Gallagher Girls series and Heist Society trilogy

Gayle Forman's Just One Day duology

Diana Peterfreund's For Darkness Shows the Stars series

Michelle Hodkin's Mara Dyer trilogy

Cinda Williams Chima's Seven Realms quartet

Jeri Smith-Ready's Shade trilogy

Scott Westerfeld's Leviathan trilogy

Just to name a few...

Wish me luck,
Michelle

2 comments:

  1. Wow, good luck with the ambition to read all those trilogies Michelle! Glad you're making the most of your free time. Glad to hear all the love for Under the Never Sky, there's one I need to start! I know what you mean about forgetting what happened in the first book lol. Happens to me all the time and I rarely reread.

    Jeann @ Happy Indulgence

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picks! I am also going to try to finish both of Ally Carter's series. I loved the Leviathan series. I listened to them on audio with Alan Cumming as the narrator and he was spectacular! Happy Reading and good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.