Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Book I Covet: Nantucket Red by Leila Howland

Wednesday, January 8, 2014 with
Nantucket Blue was one of my favorite summer reads of 2013 (my review). I loved with Cricket's character in NB and want to read more about her.

It's a little early to be thinking about summer books but, what the heck, I'm adding Nantucket Red to my list of 2014 summer reads list.

Cricket Thompson's lifetime of overachieving has paid off: she's headed to Brown University in the fall, with a spot on the lacrosse team and a scholarship that covers almost everything. Who knew living in the dorm cost money? An Ivy League education seems to mean living at home for the next four years.

When Cricket is offered the chance to earn enough cash to afford a real college experience, she heads back to Nantucket for the summer. But the faraway island challenges Cricket in ways she hadn't anticipated. It's hard to focus on earning money for next year, when she finds her world opening up in entirely new ways-to art, to travel, and, most unexpectedly, to a future completely different from the one she has been working toward her whole life. A friendship blossoms with Ben, the gorgeous surfer and bartender who encourages Cricket to be free, even as she smarts at the pain of seeing Zack, her first love, falling for her worst enemy.

But one night, when Cricket finally lets herself break all her own rules, she realizes she may have ruined her carefully constructed future with one impulsive decision. Cricket must dig deep to fight for her future, discovering that success isn't just about reaching goals, but also about listening to what she's been trying to ignore-her own heart.

Nantucket Red will be released on May 13, 2014. Click on the cover to go to the book's Goodreads page.

What book(s) do you "covet" this week?
Leave us a comment with a link so we can check your WoW of the week too.


 
"Books I Covet" is a weekly or bi-weekly blog post series we do here on Wednesdays. It will feature books we are very excited about reading and plan on buying/borrowing in the near future. It is basically the "Waiting On" meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine, but we just like the title "books we covet" better. We will include the books' blurb, cover art, and/or release date if they're available. 

4 comments:

  1. I've seen these books around a lot but have not check them out. I'm curious though :) Great pick!

    Janina
    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i liked the first book and kind of want to read this one too. I can't wait till summer is here :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea that this book is getting a sequel. I've been living under the rock I guess. I haven't read the first one yet but I have heard only great things about it. Great pick :)

    Tanja @ Ja čitam, a ti?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pick. I enjoyed Nantucket Blue also and I'm looking forward to this one to.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.