Book I Covet: Breathe, Annie, Breathe by Miranda Kenneally

If you search "Miranda Kenneally" on our nifty search box on the right sidebar there you'll see that I love Miranda's books and she's been a guest here on our blog multiple times. So, yeah, it's no surprise that I covet Breathe, Annie, Breathe (book 5 in the Hundred Oaks series).

Eighteen-year-old Annie Winters can barely run a mile without wheezing. Still, she’s training to run the Music City Marathon in seven short months. Running is so not her thing, but she has to finish what her boyfriend started… before he died.

Annie feels guilt that she’s still alive and blames herself for his death. Plus, training gives her something to do, it’s a distraction. So is Jeremiah Brown.

He’s an adrenaline junkie who runs marathons backwards. He flirts with Annie on the trails and it makes her feel alive and happy and guilty all at the same time. She wants to both race into his arms and sprint in the opposite direction – because loving is a risk she’s not sure she’s ready to take again…

Breathe, Annie, Breathe will be released on July 1, 2014. Click on the cover to go to the book's Goodreads page.



What book(s) do you "covet" this week?
Leave us a comment with a link so we can check your WoW of the week too.


 
"Books I Covet" is a weekly or bi-weekly blog post series we do here on Wednesdays. It will feature books we are very excited about reading and plan on buying/borrowing in the near future. It is basically the "Waiting On" meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine, but we just like the title "books we covet" better. We will include the books' blurb, cover art, and/or release date if they're available. 

16 comments

  1. Ugh, this sounds really good! I'm up for YA contemp this year--new book to add on my list! Thanks for sharing!

    Here's my Wednesday post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard so much about this series lately, glad to hear that it is doing well! Heaps of books I'm looking forward to this week, Timebound is a big one.


    Jeann @ Happy Indulgence

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an amazingly sweet and heartbreaking story, I love it!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a really good contemporary YA. I haven't read anything by Kenneally yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds interesting, thanks for sharing!

    Check out our WOW of this week.

    Leydy @OUaT & RCE

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Runs marathons backwards? That's incredibly difficult! Admiration right here!

    Here's my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the sound of this one! Thanks for sharing...and enjoy. Here's

    MY WEDNESDAY POST

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wait, why does this cover look so different from the rest?

    ReplyDelete
  9. i don't know. it grew on me, but i don't like that it's different from the other covers of the series

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't heard of this book, but I have heard great things about this author. I cannot wait to read her books sometime in the future. Hopefully you'll get this one soon. Great pick :)

    Tanja @ Ja čitam, a ti?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kristin@Blood, Sweat and BooksJanuary 15, 2014 at 12:05:00 PM PST

    I haven't heard of this one. I might keep my eye out for reviews on this one. Thanks for stopping by My WoW and sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've not heard of this book before, but it looks pretty interesting :) Great pick!

    Janina
    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a sweet heartbreaking story!

    Thanks for stopping by at my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  14. Waiting for this one too! I love Miranda's books!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  15. This seems like it would be a very interesting read. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So impressive that she's going for a marathon-I'm not much of a runner but such a feat of strength impresses me!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.