Review: The Redemption of Callie and Kayden by Jessica Sorensen

Format: e-book
Publisher: Forever
Pages: 336 pages
Release Date: July 30, 2013
Source of my copy: publisher
Synopsis (from Goodreads)
The dark secret Kayden has kept hidden for years is out. Worse, he's facing charges for battery. The only way he stands a chance against the charges is if Callie speaks up, something he'll never ask her to do.
Callie knows Kayden is going back to his dark place and desperately wants to save him. But saving him means admitting her secrets aloud. Callie and Kayden are stronger than they think, especially when they're together. Together they move forward, face their demons, and finally start to heal from their traumatic pasts.



I was super excited when I finally got my hands on The Redemption of Callie and Kayden. I absolutely loved The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden and I couldn't wait to get back to the characters I've come to know and love.

The Redemption of Callie and Kayden immediately picked up from where Coincidence ended. And by picked up, I mean really picked up--the plot, characters, setting, and writing all were as strong and interesting as before. I'll admit, the plot and romance of Redemption was more intense than Coincidence, and that kind of overwhelmed me as I read and caused me to like the latter more than the former, but that didn't take away from my overall enjoyment of this novel.

I loved watching Callie and Kayden change and grow drastically throughout Redemption. Together and individually, they went through A LOT in this second book, and I must say, how they overcame and coped with it all was crazy amazing. I really liked how Callie and Kayden supported and helped each other; they each played a significant role in the other's road to self-forgiveness and peace. Callie, was especially patient and kind, for even when Kayden tried to push her away, she never grew discouraged and continued to stand by his side. I rooted for the two of them all throughout the novel.

But what I especially liked about The Redemption of Callie and Kayden was that I got to learn and understand more about Kayden. I didn't realize before how The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden focused more on Callie and her life, leading me to understand only a little about Kayden and his life, but in Redemption, Sorensen really opened up and revealed him to the point that I was almost too scared and nervous to venture and see. Coupled with Callie and her development, I was so amazed and moved. I'll admit, at times as I read I was frustrated with Kayden and his insistence to keep people, even Callie, at a distance, but after learning more about him, I've come to love him more than ever.

The Redemption of Callie and Kayden was another great read in the Coincidence series. If you haven't yet picked it up, I highly recommend you do, especially if you like to read contemporary NA and are like me, who is fascinated by those heavier reads. As soon as I told my sister that I finished The Redemption of Callie and Kayden, she surprised me by getting the e-book of The Destiny of Violet and Luke, the third book of the Coincidence series. I just recently started reading it and am so far liking it. Although its focus is on Luke, Kayden' best friend, it includes all the characters, romance, and conflict I've come to love about Sorensen's books.

No comments

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.