Saturday, December 14, 2013

New Books! Woot!!

Saturday, December 14, 2013 with
Hello everyone,
It's StS/Sunday Post** time! Woo-hoo!! I hope you all are having a great December so far. It's crazy times here right now with me. Besides the end of semester scramble of trying to finish all the big projects and papers, I'm having to pack up and move out of student housing because I'll be graduating with my MLIS in a week. Then, I'll be headed to the Philippines for my friend's wedding. I am one of her bridesmaid and the seamstress she hired screwed up my dress measurements, so I was in a frantic search to find my own dress (I finally did though).

But amidst that craziness, I finally read a fun book. I finished These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner this week and I loved it! I'll be posting my review sometime next week.

Okay, before I get to the books that I acquired this week, here's some linkage first.
Blog Tour: RACING SAVANNAH by Miranda Kenneally - Review & Q+A with Rory Whitfield
<<If you're a Miranda Keneally fan, you can't miss this interview with Rory.>>
The Lost Letters of Brother Gabriel (a Dark Divine novella) by Bree Despain + GIVEAWAY
<<GIVEAWAY Alert>>We're giving away the entire Dark Divine series (3 books!!)<<GIVEAWAY Alert>>

Here are the books I got this week.

E-galleys via Netgalley or Edelweiss
Dead Beautiful by Yvonne Woon
#Scandal by Sarah Ockler

The Destiny of Violet and Luke by Jessica Sorensen
Song of the Fireflies by J.A. Redmerski

Law Man by Kristen Ashley
Motorcycle Man by Kristen Ashley
Kaleidoscope by Kristen Ashley

Back to You by Jessica Scott
Feel the Heat by Kate Meader
If Wishes Were Earls by Elizabeth Boyle

Bought
The One and Only Ivan by Katherine Applegate
Days of Blood & Starlight by Laini Taylor
The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay

What new books did you guys get? We wanna see! Leave your STS/Sunday Post link so I can come gush over them.

Happy reading,
Michelle & Leslie

**Stacking the Shelves, or STS, is hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Sunday Post is hosted by Kimba at Caffeinated Book Reviewer.

18 comments:

  1. OOOh nice! These are pretty much new to me! Hope you enjoy them all!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome haul. Dead Beautiful and Scandal are very popular this week. Enjoy your new titles.

    Grace
    Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like things are really busy for you. I loved These Broken Stars too. Come see what I added to my stacks at Ms. Martin Teaches Media and Inside of a Dog. Happy holidays and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of books there, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know if I want to read Law and Motorcycle Man because I have read books by that author in the past and didn't really like them. Maybe I should give her books another chance though.

    So happy to hear you loved These Broken Stars, it is one of the books high up on my wish list so I hope to get around to reading it soon.

    Have fun with end of the semester stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice haul! I have just requested After the End, too, it seems truly awesome!

    Thanks for stopping by earlier :) Have a peaceful Sunday.


    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great haul, so many great looking books! I have #scandal and I can't wait to read that one, it looks so great! New follower :) I hope you enjoy all of these. My STS.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dead Beautiful was one of the first books I reviewed as a blogger! I remember enjoying it =) And I hope you love Days of Blood & Starlight as much as I did! I can't wait for the next book!

    Emily @ Falling For YA

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sleep No More looks great. I've seen it around so many blogs now. I hope you enjoy all of your books!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I also went a little Edelweiss crazy last week =P I can't wait to read The Murder Complex and (Don't You) Forget About Me, I have been all about the thrillers lately. Happy Reading!

    Emily @ Falling For YA

    ReplyDelete
  11. I also have the Murder Complex and After the End :) I can't wait to read them! Great haul and happy reading. Thanks for stopping by My Haul!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay! You're going home to the Philippines? Welcome back, Michelle. What a bummer that the seamstress messed up with your dress' measurements. Glad that you're still able to sort it out.


    I am still contemplating whether to download Dead Beautiful from NG but maybe I'll do so this week because everyone seems to have them. And I got Days of Blood and Starlight months ago but I am not yet on the rush to read it since the 1st book was meh for me. Hahahaha.


    Have fun reading.And have a safe trip!


    Advance Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome haul! Everyone's picking up Scandal lately, looks good! I haven't read Feel the Heat yet, but I did read the second one in the series haha. I'm excited for If Wishes were Earls! Hope you enjoy all your new books!

    Thanks for sharing & stopping by Bookmunchies (:

    ReplyDelete
  14. The cover of The Last Best Kiss is so cute! I hope you enjoy all your reads. Thanks for stopping by my STS:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. It sounds like you've got a lot of exciting stuff going on! Graduation! Wedding! How fun! :)


    I got Dead Beautiful as well, though I forgot to put it in my post! I love when Hyperion puts up their older books. :) Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.