I'm Officially a Librarian + 2014 Books You Need to Read

Hello everyone,
I hope you all had a wonderful last couple of days, whether you celebrate Christmas or not.

It's been quiet on this here blog in the last week not only because of the holiday season but because things were happening. I graduated with my Master in Library and Information Science on Saturday. Yep, I'm officially a librarian. Albeit, one without a job. Yet.

But since I graduated, that meant I had to move out of student housing and that took some doing because I accumulated A LOT of stuff in the 2.5 years I lived on Oahu.

I've been back on Maui in the last four days... only to pack up and leave for the Philippines in a few hours from now (by the time your read this, I'll be on the plane). One of my best friends is getting married in the Philippines and I'm one of her bridesmaids.

It's been a crazy few weeks because a lot of things are happening all at once but also exciting. I can't wait to see my friends--it's been over a year since we last saw each other.

But amidst the craziness, I found time to read. Last week Monday I blogged that I completed my 100 books challenge for 2013 and since then I read more books and now I'm at 103 books (never have I read this many books in a year before so I'm very proud of myself).

Two of the most recent books I read won't be out til 2014 and I won't be posting my reviews for them for a few months yet.

But I want to quickly talk about them because both are so, soooo good and, if you haven't already, you gotta add both books to your wishlists or your 2014 to-read list.

#Scandal was such a fun read. It made me laugh and sigh and laugh again. The main character Lucy is so snarky and funny. I loved her! It reads like a Kristin Walker (A Match Made in High School) novel. If you like cheeky/witty/snarky/funny contemporary YA novels with heart pick up #Scandal in 2014.

As for The Winner's Curse, it was amazing. I couldn't stop reading once I started and I didn't want it to end. The societal intrigue, the taut tension throughout, the forbidden romance and that ending... you never really know where the story is going to go and it was just awesome! You need to read this book in 2014.

Add both books to your to-read list, okay? Okay.

Since I'll be in the Philippines for a few weeks and I won't have internet access while I'm there, I'll be MIA from the book blogging world for a little while... Ohmigosh, guys, no internet for week. How will I survive?! Gah!

'Til then, happy reading and happy New Year in advance!

Michelle

5 comments

  1. Congratulations! Sounds like you have a lot to celebrate :) Have fun at the wedding and I hope you find a great job soon!


    I loved The Winner's Curse and need to write my review for it. Scandal is on my TBR list for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! We're so happy for you (and all your future library patrons, hehe). Also, we have #SCANDAL on our Most Anticipated Reads of 2014 list! Just posted: http://www.weheartya.com/2013/12/2014-books-we-cant-wait-to-read.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!! I can't wait to read The Winner's Curse in particular. That cover is sooo pretty :p


    -P.E. @ The Sirenic Codex

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay Congrats on having your Masters! I can't wait to graduate from my medical program in May of 2014 so I can finally say I finished this degree. I hope you have fun at the wedding :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on graduating and sending you tons of luck getting a job :D You can do it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.