Wednesday, December 4, 2013

I had After the End scheduled as my WoW pick but I don't actually need to wait to read it since I was able to download it via Edelweiss on Monday >> EEEeeppp!! << but I'm going to feature it anyway because it sounds very awesome and the cover is simply GORGEOUS.

She’s searching for answers to her past. They’re hunting her to save their future.

World War III has left the world ravaged by nuclear radiation. A lucky few escaped to the Alaskan wilderness. They've survived for the last thirty years by living off the land, being one with nature, and hiding from whoever else might still be out there.

At least, this is what Juneau has been told her entire life.

When Juneau returns from a hunting trip to discover that everyone in her clan has vanished, she sets off to find them. Leaving the boundaries of their land for the very first time, she learns something horrifying: There never was a war. Cities were never destroyed. The world is intact. Everything was a lie.

Now Juneau is adrift in a modern-day world she never knew existed. But while she's trying to find a way to rescue her friends and family, someone else is looking for her. Someone who knows the extraordinary truth about the secrets of her past.

After the End will be released on May 6, 2014. Click on the cover to go to the book's Goodreads page.


What book(s) do you "covet" this week?
Leave us a comment with a link so we can check your WoW of the week too.


 
"Books I Covet" is a weekly or bi-weekly blog post series we do here on Wednesdays. It will feature books we are very excited about reading and plan on buying/borrowing in the near future. It is basically the "Waiting On" meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine, but we just like the title "books we covet" better. We will include the books' blurb, cover art, and/or release date if they're available. 

20 comments:

  1. I just got this from edelweiss and I'm really excited to check it out :) I've been really wanting to check out the author. Great pick!

    Janina
    My WW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It actually sounds like the book I'm reading at the moment, The Man Who Watched The World End. I like these dystopia books that are more 'realistic'. Thanks for sharing!

    Here's my WOW this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still int he Revenants somewhere, but I like Amy Plums books so far. Pretty sure this one will be good as well. Nice pick, and have fun reading it pre-release. ;)
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reviews from a BookwormDecember 4, 2013 at 7:15:00 AM PST

    I was the exact same! Downloaded it with a huge smile on my face, very excited!!! =D My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm dying to read this one too girls. I love the idea and this cover is really pretty. I hope you'll get to read this soon. Great pick :)

    Tanja @ Ja čitam, a ti?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've got this one on my list. I have a copy I'm looking forward to starting in the near future. Thanks for sharing this week. Happy Holidays!! My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. After the End does sound great and I'm excited to check this new series out ( love the war ravaged setting in it.) The cover is gorgeous and I'm really curious to see what Amy Plum has planned for this series. Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just picked this one up yesterday. I am super excited to get started on it. Great choice this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pick, I love Amy Plum. Thanks for sharing. Thanks for stopping by.

    Nahomi @ Books &
    Swoons

    ReplyDelete
  10. This one does look pretty good! I wasn't a huge fan of her first trilogy but might be trying this one out!!

    Thanks for visiting my WoW!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That sounds awesome. Added it to my TBR list :)

    Thank you for visiting my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  12. *high fives for Edelweiss downloads*

    Completely agree about the cover. :D

    -Jess @ Reading Nook Reviews

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds great! Love the cover too. I know you shouldn't, but I totally judge books by there covers lol

    Great pick! Here's my WoW

    Xoxo. Alexis @ Lexi Swoons

    ReplyDelete
  14. Woooo! I just got this one too and I am SO excited!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh this sounds interesting! I love the clouds on the cover. So tempted to grab it from Edelweiss! Hope you enjoy! Thanks for sharing.

    Here's my WoW (:

    ReplyDelete
  16. I requested it too, I hope I get approved! It really sounds amazing.

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  17. Now this one sounds pretty original! I gotta go request it and hope I get approved :) Thanks for sharing and stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm also looking forward to reading this one.

    Thanks for visiting My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  19. kirstymariejonesstudioreadsDecember 5, 2013 at 8:26:00 AM PST

    Ahh, I downloaded it too! So can't wait to read it though, sounds so good, and I'm getting a conspiracy vibe from it. I'm actually really liking the cover more than the first time I saw it. Thanks for stopping by mine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can't wait to read this one either. Thank goodness for Edelweiss, right?! Thank you for stopping by my WoW this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.