Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Book I Covet: #scandal by Sarah Ockler

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 with
#scandal reminds me of one of my favorite YA contemporary of all time Good Girls by Laura Ruby. Reading the description, I'm really curious to know how everything will work itself out for Lucy.

Lucy’s learned some important lessons from tabloid darling Jayla Heart’s all-too-public blunders: Avoid the spotlight, don’t feed the Internet trolls, and keep your secrets secret. The policy has served Lucy well all through high school, so when her best friend Ellie gets sick before prom and begs her to step in as Cole’s date, she accepts with a smile, silencing about ten different reservations. Like the one where she’d rather stay home shredding online zombies. And the one where she hates playing dress-up. And especially the one where she’s been secretly in love with Cole since the dawn of time.

When Cole surprises her at the after party with a kiss under the stars, it’s everything Lucy has ever dreamed of… and the biggest BFF deal-breaker ever. Despite Cole’s lingering sweetness, Lucy knows they’ll have to ’fess up to Ellie. But before they get the chance, Lucy’s own Facebook profile mysteriously explodes with compromising pics of her and Cole, along with tons of other students’ party indiscretions. Tagged. Liked. And furiously viral.

By Monday morning, Lucy’s been branded a slut, a backstabber, and a narc, mired in a tabloid-worthy scandal just weeks before graduation.

Lucy’s been battling undead masses online long enough to know there’s only one way to survive a disaster of this magnitude: Stand up and fight. Game plan? Uncover and expose the Facebook hacker, win back her best friend’s trust, and graduate with a clean slate.

There’s just one snag—Cole. Turns out Lucy’s not the only one who’s been harboring unrequited love...

#scandal will be released on June 17, 2014. Click on the cover to go to the book's Goodreads page.


What book(s) do you "covet" this week?
Leave us a comment with a link so we can check your WoW of the week too.


 
"Books I Covet" is a weekly or bi-weekly blog post series we do here on Wednesdays. It will feature books we are very excited about reading and plan on buying/borrowing in the near future. It is basically the "Waiting On" meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine, but we just like the title "books we covet" better. We will include the books' blurb, cover art, and/or release date if they're available. 

17 comments:

  1. I still haven't read any book by this author but I have heard great things about her writing. This story sounds interesting and I hope you'll enjoy it :) Great pick :)

    Tanja @ Ja čitam, a ti?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber R @AwesomeSauceBookclubNovember 13, 2013 at 1:36:00 AM PST

    This sounds really interesting! I've never read anything by her but I'll have to check her or sometime. Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds really interesting, I added both #scandal and Good Girl onto my TBR. I'll have to check out Good Girl as you speak highly of it!

    Jeann @ Happy Indulgence

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not sure it's my kind of read but still hope you love it once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've only read one Ockler books and I really enjoyed it, so I'm definitely curious of this one :) Great pick!

    Janina
    My WW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laura Laframboise JennisonNovember 13, 2013 at 6:02:00 AM PST

    What a horrible situation to find oneself in! Hope it makes a great story! And Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    Laura @Through Razzberry Colored Glasses
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome pick. Thanks for sharing :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have this on my tbr and I can't wait to read it.My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so excited for this book! I'm a huge fan of Sarah Ockler and will pretty much read anything she writes! Awesome pick :) Check out my WoW:

    Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never read a book from this author, but the summary has me intrigued. I hope you enjoy reading it!

    ♡ Jackie @ Bookcharmed

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds like a fun read. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    Jess @ Jess Time To Read

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't wait to read this! I only recently found out about it, but I'm really looking forward to reading it. The release date is so long away though!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Not sure this book sounds quite up our alley, buuuut we've really enjoyed Sarah Ockler's work in the past, so we might check it out anyway! Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This one is on my list as well. Can't wait to read it :)

    My WOW: http://www.bookythoughtsandme.com/come-to-me-quietly/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow, this looks fabulous! The subject is something most of us can relate to, but I like how Ockler isn't focusing on the negatives. Instead her character is planning to stand up for herself. I'm sold.


    -Mari @ TheSirenicCodex

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE Sarah's books, so completely dying for this one. :) And I haven't heard of Good Girls by Laura Ruby, so you've motivated me to go check it out!!


    Thank you for stopping by my WoW as well! <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ahhh! I can't wait to read this book!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.