Book I Covet: On the Fence by Kasie West

I really enjoyed Kasie's contemporary novel The Distance Between Us (I tweeted as I was reading it) and On the Fence sounds like another super romantically cute read.

For sixteen-year-old Charlotte Reynolds, aka Charlie, being raised by a single dad and three older brothers has its perks. She can out-run, out-score, and outwit every boy she knows--including her long-time neighbor, and honorary fourth brother, Braden.

But when it comes to being a girl, Charlie doesn't know the first thing about anything. So when she starts working at a chi-chi boutique to pay off a speeding ticket, she finds herself in a strange new world of makeup, lacy skirts, and bedazzlers. Even stranger, she's spending time with a boy who has never seen her tear it up in a pick-up game.

To cope with the stress of faking her way through this new reality, Charlie seeks late night refuge in her backyard, talking out her problems with Braden by the fence that separates them. But their Fence Chats can't solve Charlie's biggest problem: she's falling for Braden. Hard. She knows what it means to go for the win, but if spilling her secret means losing him for good, the stakes just got too high.

On the Fence will be released on July 1, 2014. Click on the cover to go to the book's Goodreads page.


What book(s) do you "covet" this week?
Leave us a comment with a link so we can check your WoW of the week too.


 
"Books I Covet" is a weekly or bi-weekly blog post series we do here on Wednesdays. It will feature books we are very excited about reading and plan on buying/borrowing in the near future. It is basically the "Waiting On" meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine, but we just like the title "books we covet" better. We will include the books' blurb, cover art, and/or release date if they're available. 

19 comments

  1. I have this one on my list too. I sounds so cute.

    Happy reading!
    Glass @ Way Too Hot Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like such a sweet read, and I really like the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot wait to read this one. I loved My Life Next Door and I need this one asap! Great pick :)

    Check out our WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ditto! We also enjoy Kasie West's writing style.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome pick. Thanks for sharing :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhhhh I want On The Fence. I loved the Distance Between Us and I just can't wait for some more by Kasie.

    Aly @ My Heart Hearts Books

    ReplyDelete
  7. That cover is gorgeous! Need to add this to my TBR!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard some great things about this author, but i've not check out any of her books. Hope you get it and enjoy :) Thanks for stopping by My WW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seriously, if Kasie West writes it, I WANT IT! Great pick.

    And thanks for stopping by my blog and recommending Good Girl. I'm moving it up on my list. I had forgotten about it. :-)

    WoW Book

    ReplyDelete
  10. Read Pivot Point. It was fantastic. Definitely my fave of all Kasie West books I have read.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't read this author before but this looks like a good read. Enjoy! Thanks for stopping in!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww! I've been hearing a lot about Kasie West, I really want to read something by her. This one sounds great, so I'm definitely adding it to my TBR! Thanks for sharing :D

    My WoW (:

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds awesome! I've always wished I had big brothers so I'm sure I would love to read from the perspective of a girl who has some!

    ReplyDelete
  14. asdfklsjfsdl I waited on this last week and I NEED IT SO BAD! After reading THE DISTANCE BETWEEN US very recently I need more Kasie West contemporaries! Thanks for stopping by!

    Rachel @ Beauty and the Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'M SO EXCITED FOR THIS GUY! More Kasie West!
    Thanks for sharing & stopping by Bookmunchies!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've seen this one around a lot. I hope it turns out as good as it sounds :) Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is a super cute cover. This seems like a great summer read!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  18. Loved Kasie's Pivot Point and I cannot wait for this too! Hope you enjoy it and thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Chel @ The Procrastinator's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG I'm really really looking forward to this one as well! The Distance Between Us was so cute, and I'm sure this one will be just as amazing. Can't wait for Split Second as well :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.