Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Book I Covet: Magnolia by Kristi Cook

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 with
When I first saw the cover of Magnolia I was all "vampires in plaid?! Whuuutt...?" The couple on the cover are freakishly white-skinned.

And then I read the synopsis and I. NEED. THIS. BOOK. NOW. I love the premise of Magnolia--it's my kind of book. 

In Magnolia Branch, Mississippi, the Cafferty and Marsden families are southern royalty. Neighbors since the Civil War, the families have shared vacations, holidays, backyard barbecues, and the overwhelming desire to unite their two clans by marriage. So when a baby boy and girl were born to the families at the same time, the perfect opportunity seemed to have finally arrived.

Jemma Cafferty and Ryder Marsden have no intention of giving in to their parents’ wishes. They’re only seventeen, for goodness’ sake, not to mention that one little problem: They hate each other! Jemma can’t stand Ryder’s nauseating golden-boy persona, and Ryder would like nothing better than to pretend stubborn Jemma doesn’t exist.

But when a violent storm ravages Magnolia Branch, it unearths Jemma’s and Ryder’s true feelings for each other as the two discover that the line between love and hate may be thin enough to risk crossing over.

Magnolia will be released on August 15, 2014. Click on the cover to go to the book's Goodreads page.


What book(s) do you "covet" this week?
Leave us a comment with a link so we can check your WoW of the week too.


 
"Books I Covet" is a weekly or bi-weekly blog post series we do here on Wednesdays. It will feature books we are very excited about reading and plan on buying/borrowing in the near future. It is basically the "Waiting On" meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine, but we just like the title "books we covet" better. We will include the books' blurb, cover art, and/or release date if they're available. 

20 comments:

  1. Deb @ Deb's Crazy ObsessionNovember 20, 2013 at 4:35:00 AM PST

    Oh god, it sounds awesome! Thank you so much for sharing :)

    My Wow

    - Deb @ Deb's Crazy Obsession

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pick. Thanks for sharing :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! This is one of my picks this week too! I love Kristi Cook, and the book sounds pretty awesome. :) Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that cover -- this sounds so good!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eeek this sounds freaking amazing. I feel like I have no choice but to add it to my tbr!

    Thanks for stopping by!
    Aly @ My Heart Hearts Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought they were vampires too xD I mean that's really pale. Anyhow it sounds like a really interesting and dramatic book. Hope you'll get to read it :)
    Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this sounds amazing! Thanks for putting this on my radar girls! I hadn't heard of it before but it's on my TBR now ;) Which publisher is it? I'm curious..
    Thanks for stopping by my WoW!
    -Dee @ Dee's Reads

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to say, I love your picks every week, and I'd love to comment on all your posts, but your comment form rarely loads. :( I just discovered Magnolia the other day, and I love the summary. Can't wait to read it! If you didn't know, it's on Edelweiss already!

    Mary @ Mary Had a Little Book Blog
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww I like the sound of this one. I'll be adding this one to the TBR pile!

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lol :) I would think vampires in plaid as well if I hadn't have read the synopsis! Great pick and thanks for stopping by My WW!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahahahaha. I didn't notice how pale they are until you said so, but gosh you're right! I saw this one just yesterday on Edelweiss and knew it was for me! I'm from Mississippi, so I read all YA set there. :) Great pick!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey, that sounds like some really story even though the outfits on the cover are a bit disturbing. ;) Thanks for sharing!

    Johanna @ Challenging Reads

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds awesome! Thanks for sharing. I don't know about you but what they're wearing doesn't really go with the story line.

    My WOW: http://www.bookythoughtsandme.com/waiting-wednesday-now-forever/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds really good, thanks for sharing.

    My WoW

    Daisel @ Owl Always Be Reading

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks interesting!! :D

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Home of a Book Lover

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like a cute book! I like the twist on Romeo and Juliet:)

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW!
    Katie @ The Quiet Girl Talks

    ReplyDelete
  17. Couple on the cover does look freaky weird pose and too white skin. But I like the summary too. Nice pick!

    Thanks for stopping by my WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yup, I totally added it to my TBR! :)


    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the dress she is wearing. Great Pick! Thanks for stopping by post. :)
    Have a great day!
    Nahomi @ Books & Swoons

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.