New Bookshelf Additions

Hello bookish friends,
It's StS/Sunday Post** time! But first the links of what we posted this week:

Thursday: Review: Dash and Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan
Wednesday: Book I Covet: Starbreak by Phoebe North
Tuesday: Books That Make You Cry

There wasn't a lot of posts because I was busy studying for my oral exams all week--this exam determines whether I'll graduate grad school or not. I had my exam on Friday and I passed! Woo-hoo!! I'm going to be graduating in December with my Master in Library and Information Science.

Okay, now for the books...

We are most excited for the physical books that came this week:
Cress by Marissa Meyer (for review)
<<Leslie freaked out when she got Cress in the mail. She LOVES the Lunar Chronicles series.>>
Emerald Green by Kerstin Gier (bought)
Harlequin Red Hot Reads tote (not pictured) + Cosmo magazines (won)

Here are the e-books I got:
One Week Girlfriend by Monica Murphy (bought)
Second Chance Boyfriend by Monica Murphy (bought)
<<I had a hankering for more awesome NA and this series by Monica Murphy got great reviews on Goodreads so I had to check it out. Plus, book 3 is coming out soon.>>

Breaking Nova by Jessica Sorensen (e-ARC)
<<This one has mixed reviews and some of my trusted bloggers didn't like it but I'm curious, especially because I kept seeing it in the social medias this week.>>
Barefoot by the Sea by Roxanne St. Claire (e-ARC)
Friends Without Benefits by Penny Reid (free on Kindle)
<<The reviews of this one were mostly positive and it was free so I couldn't resist downloading it.>>


What new books did you guys get? We wanna see! Leave your STS/Sunday Post link so we can come gush over them.

Happy reading,
Michelle (& Leslie)

**Stacking the Shelves, or STS, is hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Sunday Post is hosted by Kimba at Caffeinated Book Reviewer.

28 comments

  1. OMG CRESS!!!! I am so extremely jealous, I hope you enjoy it. Those NA titles look great as well! Enjoy :D thanks for stopping by my STS!


    Jeann @ Happy Indulgence

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my STS! I really liked One Week Girlfriend, I have to get to the sequel soon. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emerald Green has such a beautiful cover! And, I've read one of the other 'Barefoot' books, and quite liked it. I hope you enjoy all of these.

    ~Ailsa

    My book post

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cress! Wow, that is an amazing arc to get!! Squee!!
    Lovely haul, happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reviews from a BookwormOctober 13, 2013 at 5:24:00 AM PDT

    I'm really excited to start reading The Lunar Chronicles as people are saying such amazing things about it! Enjoy and thanks for taking the time to check out and comment on my blog =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice haul. Happy reading :)

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/10/stacking-shelves-58.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my god Cress! So jealous <3 <3 Hope you guys love it!
    And Monica's Drew + Fable series is amazing. Happy reading, and thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did a happy dance by my mailbox when my copy of Cress arrived. So I completely understand. Come see what I got at Ms. Martin Teaches Media. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice! I think The Ruby Red series has such pretty covers. Enjoy them all. :)

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awh man, I just missed friends without benefits. It's not free anymore. Ill have to wait to see what you think of it before I shell out money for it.

    Great books this week

    Michelle @ Book Briefs

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cress!!!! woot! I am so excited for ya all! Enjoy. I am loving your ebook finds too :) Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on graduating! I bet you're floating above the Earth, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on passing your exams!
    Love the cover of Barefoot By The Sea. Enjoy all your books.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Omg awesome you got Cress!! How exciting! >.< Happy Reading and thanks for stopping by meeee <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. Becky @ Stories &amp; SweetiesOctober 13, 2013 at 1:25:00 PM PDT

    I'm right there with Leslie on the Cress excitement!! I did a happy dance when it showed up in my mailbox!

    You got lots of kissy books! :D Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wohoo for Cress! I haven't read Scarlet yet although I've been meaning to. Yay for Monica Murphy's books. I really liked reading those.
    Also, I've heard mixed things about Breaking Nova too, so I'm not too sure whether I want to read it or not.
    Lovely books! Hope you guys enjoy them all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cress! So jealous! Hope you enjoy it! Ooh, Friends without Benefit is free on kindle? Might need to pick that up! Great haul, happy readings.Thanks for sharing & stopping by Bookmunchies!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cress! I would be excited too. I love this series. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good luck on you're oral exam! I'm sure you'll rock it.



    Ohhh Cress! Lucky!


    Now I have to go see what you thought of Dash and Lily.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hope you enjoy One Week Girlfriend! I usually dislike the New Adult contemporary romance novels that I read, but I enjoyed that one. And OMG Emerald Green! Must have! I need to get my copy. I've (we've) been waiting so long!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a fantastic week!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I hope you like Breaking Nova!! I loved it!

    Thanx for visiting My Weekly Wrap-Up!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  22. Whew! A lot of these books are really new to me except for Emerald Green and Cress. The latter reminds me yet again that I need to buy Cinder and Scarlet on the succeeding days in order to prepare myself for Cress. You are always so lucky for receiving most wanted physical ARCs.


    Have fun reading your beauties, Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations on your exams! I have mine in the spring, so I totally understand how big a deal that is (though I wish I had chosen Library Science - I'm in History)!


    Great Haul, enjoy!! The Monica Murphy books look fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ah! I would have loved to get one of those amazing gold packaged on my doorstep! I can't wait till Cress comes out. I hope you both enjoy your new reads!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ooo, Cress? I've yet to read the Lunar Chronicles series. :3

    Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my Sunday Post! :)

    ~Sophia @ Bookwyrming Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am so jealous that you have Cress! I have no words, haha.

    Thanks for stopping by my STS!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congratulations on graduating. Nice haul this week.

    Cheers,

    Sharon

    http://sharonsbooknook.com/2013/10/13/the-sunday-post-12/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.