Book I Covet: Starbreak by Phoebe North

I thought Starglass (my review) was such an original story--it was weird and twisty and thrilling and unexpected and I loved that it didn't follow the usual YA formula. I'm so excited to read it's sequel Starbreak. I can't wait to see where the author will take the story.

The Asherah has finally reached Zehava, the long-promised planet. There, Terra finds harsh conditions and a familiar foe—Aleksandra Wolff, leader of her ship’s rebel forces. Terra and Aleksandra first lock horns with each other . . . but soon realize they face a much more dangerous enemy in violent alien beasts—and alien hunters.

Then Terra finally discovers Vadix. The boy who has haunted her dreams may be their key to survival—but his own dark past has yet to be revealed. And when Aleksandra gets humanity expelled from the planet, it’s up to Terra, with Vadix by her side, to unite her people—and to forge an alliance with the alien hosts, who want nothing more than to see humanity gone forever.

Starbreak will be released on July 15, 2014. Click on the cover to go to the book's Goodreads page.


What book(s) do you "covet" this week?
Leave us a comment with a link so we can check your WoW of the week too.


 
"Books I Covet" is a weekly or bi-weekly blog post series we do here on Wednesdays. It will feature books we are very excited about reading and plan on buying/borrowing in the near future. It is basically the "Waiting On" meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine, but we just like the title "books we covet" better. We will include the books' blurb, cover art, and/or release date if they're available. 

20 comments

  1. Star Break sounds awesome! I actually hadn't seen it before but now I've gotta check out Star glass too :) great pick and thanks for stopping by our blog!


    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still haven't read Starglass, but thanks for reminding me of it :)
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read first book, but I might after this cover and blurb - I love girl power stories.

    Glass @ Way Too Hot Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I need to add this series to my TBR - it sounds great! (Off to Goodreads...lol)!


    Thanks for stopping by my blog!


    Bree :)
    Coffee Bean Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still haven't read Starglass either, but it sounds amazing. I really love the sound of this one too and I hope you'll get to read it soon :)


    Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read Starglass, but I've been wanting to! Hope you enjoy the sequel :D

    Shaheen @ Speculating on SpecFic

    Check out what I'm waiting on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds way out of my comfort zone. Too up in space and... nah. But I hope you and all the other fans waiting for this sequel will enjoy it!
    My WoW, and I have a giveaway running to celebrate my job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome pick! This is a really cool author and I seriously need to start reading her book.

    Happy Wednesday!

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/10/waiting-on-wednesday-68-oblivion.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, this looks incredible! I really want to read this! Great pick :)

    -Becca

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a beautiful cover!

    Check out our WOW of this week.

    Leydy @OUaT & RCE

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't read Starglass yet, but I'm hoping to do it soon. It seems really good and all.. :) Thanks for stopping by my Wow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've seen this book around, so I should probably check out the first book. Thanks for stopping by!


    Rachel @ Beauty and the Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't read 'Starglass' yet but it does sound very interesting. I hope you enjoy 'Starbreak' too.
    Thanks for stopping by my WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh nice! Haven't heard of this one or the first one for that matter but am loving the cover! Will have to look into this series!


    Thanks for visiting my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't know these books! But that cover is fabulous, so I'll have to look it up. :) Great pick!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cool cover! I haven't heard of this series, but it sounds good:) Thanks for sharing!

    Katie @ The Quiet Girl Talks

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi!

    I think that I need to check out your review of the first one because it sounds really great! There are too many books on my tbr already! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, I really like this cover! So pretty. Awesome pick :) Hope you will love it. <3
    Thank you for commenting on my WoW. <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete
  19. Haven't read book one but this one sounds quite interesting. Sorry it took me so long to visit back your blog. I hope you can check my new WOW post.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.