Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Book I Covet: Say What You Will by Cammie McGovern

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 with
I love the understated cover and it kind of has that Eleanor & Park feel to it (or what I imagine Eleanor & Park is like since I haven't read it yet... but I will soon. Promise!).

It just sounds like Say What You Will is going to be a lovely read.

I want someone who will talk to me honestly about things. You're the only person who ever has. Maybe you don't know this, but when you're disabled almost no one tells you the truth. They feel too awkward because the truth seems too sad, I guess. You were very brave to walk up to the crippled girl and say, essentially, wipe that sunny expression off your face and look at reality. That's what I want you to do next year. Tell me the truth. That's all.

Amy and Matthew didn't know each other, really. They weren't friends. Matthew remembered her, sure, but he remembered a lot of people from elementary school that he wasn't friends with now.

Matthew never planned to tell Amy what he thought of her cheerful facade, but after he does, Amy realizes she needs someone like him in her life.

As they begin to spend more time with each other, Amy learns that Matthew has his own secrets and she decides to try to help him in the same way he's helped her. And when what started out as a friendship turns into something neither of them expected, they realize that they tell each other everything—except the one thing that matters most.

Say What You Will will be released on June 3, 2014. Click on the cover to go to the book's Goodreads page.


What book(s) do you "covet" this week?
Leave us a comment with a link so we can check your WoW of the week too.


 
"Books I Covet" is a weekly or bi-weekly blog post series we do here on Wednesdays. It will feature books we are very excited about reading and plan on buying/borrowing in the near future. It is basically the "Waiting On" meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine, but we just like the title "books we covet" better. We will include the books' blurb, cover art, and/or release date if they're available. 

14 comments:

  1. Becky @ Stories & SweetiesOctober 23, 2013 at 12:02:00 AM PDT

    Ah, this one does looks really good, and I hadn't heard of it before! Thanks for putting it on my radar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still haven't read E&P (I'll read it soon too)but yeah this book sounds like it too. I haven't heard of it before but I hope you'll get it soon. Great pick :)

    Tanja @ Ja čitam, a ti?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'm gonna love this book. It has that Rainbow Rowell feel to it. Great pick!

    Chel @ The Procrastinator's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, this sounds like a cute book! I haven't heard of this before, so thanks for sharing! :)

    Nick - My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds interesting. Thanks for sharing :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/10/waiting-on-wednesday-70-vitro-mad.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cover reminds me of Rainbow Rowell's books. This sounds lovely!

    Aly @ My Heart Hearts Books
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds interesting. I'll definitely have to check it out.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    WoW Book

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't heard about this one before. Thanks for sharing.

    Glass @ Way Too Hot Books

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw this one somewhere today and I have to say it sounds amazing! :) Thanks for sharing and stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just added this to my tbr! Looks awesome!

    Thanks for sharing <3

    Check out our Waiting on Wednesday

    Doris @ Owl Always Be Reading

    ReplyDelete
  11. I totally agree with you about the cover! It sounds like a pretty cute read. I need to read Eleanor and Park still too haha. Thanks for sharing & stopping by Bookmunchies!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I’ve never heard of this book before but it sounds interesting.
    Thanks for visiting My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  13. This one sounds really sweet! A little like TFiOS. Hope you enjoy it, and thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. kirstymariejonesstudioreadsOctober 24, 2013 at 7:21:00 AM PDT

    The first thing I thought after seeing the cover is that it reminds me of Eleanor & Park, which I haven't read yet either. It's not my usual read, but I'll definitely check it out next year. Thanks for stopping by mine. :)

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.