Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Epic Reads described this one as Stephen King meets Tuck Everlasting. Interesting combo--the description certainly gives that impression.

Welcome to Gardnerville.

A place where no one gets sick. And no one ever dies.

Except...

There’s a price to pay for paradise. Every fourth year, the strange power that fuels the town exacts its payment by infecting teens with deadly urges. In a normal year in Gardnerville, teens might stop talking to their best friends. In a fourth year, they’d kill them.

Four years ago, Skylar’s sister, Piper, was locked away after leading sixteen of her classmates to a watery grave. Since then, Skylar has lived in a numb haze, struggling to forget her past and dull the pain of losing her sister. But the secrets and memories Piper left behind keep taunting Skylar—whispering that the only way to get her sister back is to stop Gardnerville’s murderous cycle once and for all.


Don't You Forget About Me will be released on June 10, 2014. Click on the cover to go to the book's Goodreads page.


What book(s) do you "covet" this week?
Leave us a comment with a link so we can check your WoW of the week too.


 
"Books I Covet" is a weekly or bi-weekly blog post series we do here on Wednesdays. It will feature books we are very excited about reading and plan on buying/borrowing in the near future. It is basically the "Waiting On" meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine, but we just like the title "books we covet" better. We will include the books' blurb, cover art, and/or release date if they're available. 

24 comments:

  1. I'm not quite sure how to feel about this one. The whole idea seems so different and I would want to read it, only it seems to scary for me. I'm a coward, what can I say. Great pick :)

    Tanja @ Ja čitam, a ti?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love the cover! I must look this up immediately :D
    Happy reading, hope you get it soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristin@Blood, Sweat and BooksOctober 16, 2013 at 3:31:00 AM PDT

    This reminds me of a movie I once saw but I can't remember the name gah. I just hope when I do get round to reading this that I love it a heck of a lot more than Another Little Piece. Nice choice this week.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds so creepy! I can't imagine a world where no one dies... just mind boggling.
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, thanks for sharing, sounds awesome, so I'll add it on my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness this sounds amazing! Will be adding it to my tbr :) Thanks for stopping by My WW!


    Janina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is an interesting pick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds pretty interesting. Thanks for sharing :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/10/waiting-on-wednesday-69-snow-in-summer.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow this sounds really interesting! And that cover is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just recently heard about this and added it to my TBR list. I still need to read her other book which I have at home.

    WoW Book

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never heard of this but the idea is really intriguing - and kind of scary! Thanks for stopping by my WoW.

    Zareena @ Books and Books

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have love/hate relationship with K.K.Quinn. I loved the idea but didn't like the execution of 'Another Little Peace'. So I like the sound of this book too, but I am not sure when and if I will read it.
    But nice pick, I haven't heard about it before.
    Thanks for stopping by my WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow that's a pretty cover! This sounds really good. I'm going to add it to my TBR.

    Here's my WoW: http://theseaofpages.wordpress.com/2013/10/15/waiting-on-wednesday-lady-thief-by-a-c-gaughen/

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is new to me! Sounds intriguing! Dying to know what the heck is going on at Gardnerville?!?!? Seems like a crazy place every four years. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, this really sounds amazing! I didn't know the author has another book coming out! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds good! I hadn't heard of this one before and tbh the cover didn't really call to me. I'm glad I read the synopsis though- totally my type of read!


    -P.E. @ The Sirenic Codex

    ReplyDelete
  17. This sounds so cool! I haven't heard of it before, thanks for sharing:) And thanks for stopping by The Quiet Girl Talks!

    ReplyDelete
  18. this sounds creepy but kind of amazing. don't know if i'll read it though but i would love to read your review of this. thank you for dropping by http://thegirlmeetsbooks.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oooooh. This sounds super creepy and inticing! I hadn't heard of it until just now but it is one I REALLY WANNA READ.
    Thanks for sharing with us and for stopping by my WoW!


    Faye :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I haven't heard of this but it sounds so good! Adding it to my TBR now :)
    Thanks for stopping by xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. This sounds really cool! I'll be adding it to my lists :D

    Thanks for stopping by!

    Shaheen @ Speculating on SpecFic

    Check out what I'm waiting on!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Don't You Forget About Me sounds like an intense read!! Love the spooky cover!

    Thanx for visiting my WoW!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awesome pick :D I love the cover for this book. <3 Hope you will love it when you get to read it :)
    Thank you for commenting on my blog ages ago. <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.