Wednesday, September 25, 2013

After reading My Life Next Door this summer (which quickly became one of my favorite contemporary reads ever), I wanted to read more by Huntley Fitzpatrick. My wish comes true with What I Thought Was True.

But April 2014?! The wait might just kill me.

17-year-old Gwen Castle's Biggest Mistake Ever, Cassidy Somers, is slumming it as a yard boy on her Nantucket-esque island this summer. He's a rich kid from across the bridge in Stony Bay, and she hails from a family of fishermen and housecleaners who keep the island's summer people happy.

Gwen worries a life of cleaning houses will be her fate too, but just when it looks like she'll never escape her past—or the island—Gwen's dad gives her a tip: her wealthy, elderly employer is redoing her will this summer, and that could be Gwen's ticket to the good life. But what will it mean for Gwen’s now life?

Sparks fly and secret histories unspool as Gwen spends a gorgeous, restless summer struggling to resolve what she thought was true—about the place she lives, the people she loves, and even herself—with what really is.
What I Thought Was True will be released on April 15, 2014. Click on the cover to go to the book's Goodreads page.



What book(s) do you "covet" this week?
Leave us a comment with a link so we can check your WoW of the week too.


 
"Books I Covet" is a weekly or bi-weekly blog post series we do here on Wednesdays. It will feature books we are very excited about reading and plan on buying/borrowing in the near future. It is basically the "Waiting On" meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine, but we just like the title "books we covet" better. We will include the books' blurb, cover art, and/or release date if they're available. 

15 comments:

  1. This seems to be a really popular books today. I loved My Life Next Door so I for sure cannot wait to read this one. I hope you'll get it soon :) Great pick :)

    Tanja @ Ja čitam, a ti?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, no deaths allowed! That would not be good publicity for HF... Can't wait for this one either, I rather enjoyed her first YA Contemporary. :-) Awesome sauce, can't wait! Yey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We really enjoyed Fitzpatrick's writing (although the resolution of MY LIFE NEXT DOOR was problematic for us, since, you know, there were no consequences...) so we're looking forward to this one too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely loved MY LIFE NEXT DOOR. I hope this one is just as good!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved her debut novel and I can not wait to read this one. Awesome pick.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never heard of this author. This book sounds good!

    Thanks for sharing!

    Mikki @A Bookish Escape

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw this book somewhere else today and I remember want to read My LIfe Next Door :) Great pick and thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds interesting and the setting is beautiful. Great taste :)

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahaha...this makes the 3rd WoW post I've visited today to spotlight this book! Man, I really need to put this one on my radar! :) Great WoW pick!

    Thanks so much for stopping by my WoW earlier!

    Wendy @ Escape Into Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need this book! I've requested it on Edelweiss, and I'll be the happiest girl in the world if it happens to be approved. My Life Next Door is one of my favorites, and I was so excited when I discovered the author had another book coming out!


    Your WoW choice this week earns a stamp of approval from me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not surprised to be seeing this one a lot today! I know a lot of people loved her first book---I really need to check it out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haven't read My Life Next Door but it sure sounds interesting. Thanks for visiting!

    Johanna @ Challenging Reads

    ReplyDelete
  13. AHHHH how did I not know about this book! I adored My Life Next Door! Amazing pick!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have never read anything from this author but she seems to be a very piopular. Love that cover. Makes me want to spend the summer at Nantucket.

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW

    Debbie @ Keep Calm & Read Romance

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.