Book I Covet: The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski

As soon as I saw the cover for The Winner's Curse I said to Leslie, I gotta have that book. I don't care what it's about!

Then, I read the description and it made me want to get my hands on it MORE. This book is going to be epic.

Winning what you want may cost you everything you love

As a general’s daughter in a vast empire that revels in war and enslaves those it conquers, seventeen-year-old Kestrel has two choices: she can join the military or get married. But Kestrel has other intentions. One day, she is startled to find a kindred spirit in a young slave up for auction. Arin’s eyes seem to defy everything and everyone. Following her instinct, Kestrel buys him--with unexpected consequences. It’s not long before she has to hide her growing love for Arin. But he, too, has a secret, and Kestrel quickly learns that the price she paid for a fellow human is much higher than she ever could have imagined. Set in a richly imagined new world, The Winner’s Curse is a story of deadly games where everything is at stake, and the gamble is whether you will keep your head or lose your heart.

The Winner's Curse will be released on March 4, 2014. Click on the cover to go to the book's Goodreads page.



What book(s) do you "covet" this week?
Leave us a comment with a link so we can check your WoW of the week too.


 
"Books I Covet" is a weekly or bi-weekly blog post series we do here on Wednesdays. It will feature books we are very excited about reading and plan on buying/borrowing in the near future. It is basically the "Waiting On" meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine, but we just like the title "books we covet" better. We will include the books' blurb, cover art, and/or release date if they're available. 

22 comments

  1. I want to read this one badly too! It sounds like an really amazing read and look at that pretty cover. Great pick :)

    Tanja @ Ja čitam, a ti?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, what a cover! I have to look this one up immediately!
    I hope you get it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah, I've seen this one before! It seems really good! :D
    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh nice! Haven't heard of this one! Thanks for visiting my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been seeing so much of this lately :) Thanks for stopping by My WW!


    Janina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice! Forbidden romance? Deadly consequences? Sounds like my kind of book!


    Here's my WoW :)



    -
    Allie @ Little Birdie Books

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pick! I agree, the cover is so gorgeous I don't even care to read the synopsis haha :) but it's historical fiction and fantasy, so I can't ask for more, it sounds great! Thanks for stopping by my WoW :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've seen this one around, it definitely sounds intriguing! And the cover is gorgeous.


    Thanks for stopping by our WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait for this one either! It sounds fantastic and that cover is drool-worthy!
    Great pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Omg the cover! Is it bad of me for loving books for their covers? :/
    i'ts Paulina from tangledinpages ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore the cover for this book and can't wait to check it out either!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome pick. I love the cover and description :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/09/waiting-on-wednesday-63-thornhill.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. I saw this book a few days ago, the cover looks gorgeous and the story sounds promising. I will keep an eye on it in :)

    Nice pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG THIS BOOK IS O GOING TO BE EPIC XD I love that cover to death and the story looks so yummy, I gotta get it when it comes out *so far away...*

    -Epictastic WoW pick ^_^
    Lisseth @ Read-A-holicZ [My WoW]

    ReplyDelete
  15. This book looks amazing :) am excited, thanks for bringing it to my attention :)

    Sanna @ Fanciful Fictions

    ReplyDelete
  16. This one sounds very good. Nice pick!
    Thanks for visiting my WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This sounds awesome!! And I love that cover, it's so pretty!!

    Thanx for visiting my WoW!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  18. Michelle, I've heard so many great things about this book. People are giving it a lot of raving reviews. It's not helping that the synopsis is very interesting. I NEED to have it. But March 2014 is still ages away. I checked Edelweiss and Netgalley but it's not yet available.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ohh, I want this. <3 Such a gorgeous cover. I cannot wait for this book :) Great pick!
    Thank you for commenting on my blog a few weeks ago. <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.