Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Book I Covet: Vengeance (Fracture #2) by Megan Miranda

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 with
I really enjoyed Megan Miranda's debut novel Fracture (my review). I'm so excited to read its sequel Vengeance, which will be in Decker's (who was the best friend and love interest of the Delaney, the protagonist in Fracture) POV.

Nobody really believes in a curse. Until you know the people who disappear. Too much coincidence, you look for reason. Too much death, you grasp for something to blame.

Carson pulled Delaney out and he died on the side of the road with her mouth pressed to his. Her air in his body.

Troy. She told the cops it was suicide. Didn't matter. The lake released her and grabbed another.

But when Decker's father dies in a pool of spilled water on their kitchen floor, all Decker can feel is a slow burning rage. Because he knows that Delaney knew that his dad was going to die. She knew and backed out of his house and never said a word. Falcon Lake still has a hold on them both, and Decker can't forgive Delaney until he knows why.

Vengeance will be released on February 13, 2014. Click on the cover to go to the book's Goodreads page.


What book(s) do you "covet" this week?
Leave us a comment with a link so we can check your WoW of the week too.



Bookish friend who lives in the US, we have two giveaways going on right now that you can enter. Just click on the book covers to enter to win either Conjured or Broken or both!


 
"Books I Covet" is a weekly or bi-weekly blog post series we do here on Wednesdays. It will feature books we are very excited about reading and plan on buying/borrowing in the near future. It is basically the "Waiting On" meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine, but we just like the title "books we covet" better. We will include the books' blurb, cover art, and/or release date if they're available. 

27 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed the first book in this series and I'm definitely excited for Vengeance! This is a different cover than I've seen---did they change it already?? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi becky! lol i don't know about the cover change. when went on goodreads this was the one they had for the hardcover edition :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I still have Fracture on my Kindle somewhere only I have never read the book. Still don't have idea why. Anyhow this one sounds really interesting. Great pick :)

    Tanja @ Ja čitam, a ti?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cover!! It's a bit mysterious! Sounds like a great read!

    Thanx for visiting my WoW!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal
    Palace

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, that cover and the synopsis sounds great. It actually reminds me of one of the episodes from Supernatural, I think it might've been S1E03... Anyway great pick :D.

    Georgie @ What She Reads
    http://www.whatshereads.co.uk
    tweet @whatgeorgiedid

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard about these books, but Fracture sounds really good! Hope you'll enjoy the sequel :)
    Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    New follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one looks really intresting. Sounds like a great read. Thanks for sharing!

    El @ So Bookalicious

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vengeance sounds really good. I still need to read Fracture at some point though. Great pick!! Thanks for stopping by my Waiting On Wednesday earlier and sharing yours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read Fracture yet but i hear its good. Awesome pick :)

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/09/waiting-on-wednesday-64-all-of-you-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't heard of this series, but I just went back and read the description for the first book and it sounds really interesting. I love the cover of this one, it's super creepy!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This books sounds like a wonderfully exciting book to read. Here is the link to my WoW: http://meandu-justthinking.blogspot.ca/2013/09/waiting-on-wednesday-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now this sounds like an interesting read! It definitely has me curious :) Thanks for stopping by My WW!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fracture is lost somewhere in my TBR list - I really must read it :)
    Thanks for stopping by My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the cover. Counting the days until it's publishe

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm a little iffy to try Megan's stuff. I just checked out Hysteria from the library but I havent heard good things. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I never heard about this series, but now that I read the synopsis, I'm intrigued! Putting this on my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I haven't read Fracture but heard great stuff about it. Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I didn't know it had a different cover. I like it! I can't wait to read this. I really enjoyed Fracture! I hope we both enjoy this one too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I had no idea this was coming! I'm thrilled because I adored Fracture and thought Decker was beyond awesome. Have no idea how I'll wait for this!
    Also, hi there! I admit I'm super excited to be stopping by in a few weeks for my debut tour. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I haven't heard about this series yet, but I'll definitely check it out! Thanks for stopping by my WoW :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Uh-oh. That sounds like a gripping read from start to finish. I haven't heard of this series before, but will have to check it out. :)

    Thanks for stopping by our WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oooh, this sounds good! Thanks for stopping by my WOW. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm yet to read Fracture, but great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I haven't read Fracture but I've heard good things about it and since I liked this author's Hysteria, I plan to check it out and then hopefully Vengeance as well.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I loved Vengeance and thought this sequel was even better than the first. Decker's POV was completely engaging and felt very authentic. The intermingling of personal loss, deep relationship issues, personal growth, and a well-played mystery, made this an exciting and engaging read. And the ending, the last lines, were just perfect. This is a fabulous read and I definitely recommend this series.
    top notch Kirkland Divorce Lawyer site info

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.