Book I Covet: Better Off Friends by Elizabeth Eulberg

A swoon-y romance where two friends will maybe fall in love? Yes, please! [And who are we kidding? There's no "maybe" about it.]

WHEN HARRY MET SALLY . . . for teens, from romantic comedy star Elizabeth Eulberg.

For Macallan and Levi, it was friends at first sight. Everyone says guys and girls can't be just friends, but these two are. They hang out after school, share tons of inside jokes, their families are super close, and Levi even starts dating one of Macallan's friends. They are platonic and happy that way.

Eventually they realize they're best friends -- which wouldn't be so bad if they didn't keep getting in each other's way. Guys won't ask Macallan out because they think she's with Levi, and Levi spends too much time joking around with Macallan, and maybe not enough time with his date. They can't help but wonder . . . are they more than friends or are they better off without making it even more complicated?

From romantic comedy superstar Elizabeth Eulberg comes a fresh, fun examination of a question for the ages: Can guys and girls ever really be just friends? Or are they always one fight away from not speaking again -- and one kiss away from true love?

Better Off Friends will be released on February 25, 2014. Click on the cover to go to the book's Goodreads page.

What book(s) do you "covet" this week?
Leave us a comment with a link so we can check your WoW of the week too.


 
"Books I Covet" is a weekly or bi-weekly blog post series we do here on Wednesdays. It will feature books we are very excited about reading and plan on buying/borrowing in the near future. It is basically the "Waiting On" meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine, but we just like the title "books we covet" better. We will include the books' blurb, cover art, and/or release date if they're available. 

22 comments

  1. I have never heard of this one but it might be interesting read to all people in friendzone. I hope you'll get it soon. Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww how cute, love romances focusing on best friends. Great pick! Thanks for stopping by my WoW. I love your blog design, the colours remind me of watermelon! New follower on Networked Blogs.


    Jeann @ Happy Indulgence

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Harry Met Sally. Hope you'll get to read and review this.

    WOW          

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adding this to my TBR list as soon as possible! It looks amazing! Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice! Saw this one earlier at another blog. While not my kind of read, I still hope you enjoy it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like a very sweet maybe love story. I really like the cover to this as well. Nice pick!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW earlier and sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome pick. This sounds interesting :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/09/waiting-on-wednesday-65-second-chances.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. This books sounds really good and the cover is cute. nice pick.

    Here is My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm looking forward to this one too! Great pick. Please check out my WoW!   And take a look at our giveaway of Hostage Three by Nick Lake.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love friendship books that could lead to love. Great pick!

    WoW Book

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm adding this one to my list...I think it'll be a great read!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Bree :)
    Coffee Bean Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  12. Better Off Friends looks like a cute contemporary. I might give this one a shot.

    My WOW Post

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like the friends to lovers trope especially in YA. So cute :)
    Thank for stopping by My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  14. thanks for your kind words about our blog design. the colors we were going for was summer so if it reminds you of a watermelon, that's awesome :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ahh, this sounds so cute, I love best friends romance. It's going right onto my TBR list! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm super excited for this one as well, I think it sounds brilliant! I can't wait to get my hands on a copy. Thanks for stopping by my WoW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like a cute book! I'll have to add it to my TBR:) Thanks for stopping by The Quiet Girl Talks!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I don't read a lot of contemporary, but this does sound like fun. :) Thanks for stopping by my WoW post today.

    Lindsay | Me on Books

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've really heard some amazing things about this writer and this books looks like a really cute story! I love the "best friends with potential for more" idea. It always makes for such romantic suspense!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I adore Eulberg's writing so I'm really looking forward to checking this one out, expecting another sparkling read!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.