Saturday, August 31, 2013

Last Bookshelf Additions for August

Saturday, August 31, 2013 with
Hello book haulin' friends,
It's STS/Sunday Post** time! We cannot believe it's already September. This year is just flying by so fast! August was fruitful for us book-wise. Here are the books we got during the last week of August.

E-books:
Got these via Netgalley. Much thanks to Bloomsbury and LBYR.
Where the Stars Still Shine by Trish Doller (review)
[[Super excited for Where the Stars Still Shine! Been hearing great things about it from my to-go bloggers.]]
Dead Girls Don't Lie by Jennifer Shaw Wolf (review)
The 100 by Kass Morgan (review)
[[This one is going to be a TV show on the CW (here's the preview). Hmm... Not sure yet if I'll be watching.]] 
Pretenders by Lisi Harrison (review)

Got Rose and Broken via Netgalley. Much thanks to Sourcebooks.
Rose by Holly Webb (review)
[[We have a guest post by Holly up tomorrow. Come back and check it out, okay?]]
Broken by CJ Lyons (review)
[[Next week Tuesday we are giving away a copy of Broken. Also, the e-book is only $4.99 right now if you pre-order it.]]
The Madman's Daughter by Megan Shepherd (bought)
[[This was on sale of $1.99. I couldn't resist.]]
Stay With Me by Elyssa Patrick (won)

Physical Books:
ARCs that I won.
Love in the Time of Global Warming by Francesca Lia Block (won via MacMillan)
Still Star-Crossed by Melinda Taub (won via Randombuzzers)
[[If you're in the US and you like free books, you gotta join Randombuzzers! They give away a ton of books every week.]]
More than This by Patrick Ness (won via SLJ's SummerTeen online event)

The Five Deaths of Roxanne Love by Erin Quinn (unsolicited)
Starry Nights by Daisy Whitney (ARC for review)

Venom Quad swag from Tera Lynn Childs
[[We are part of the Venom Squad street team. We'll be passing the bookmarks and stickers to our public library to spread the word about Sweet Legacy, the final book in the Medusa Girls trilogy.]]


Did you guys add any new books to your bookshelves? Leave your STS link so we can go admire your new books. 

Happy reading,
Michelle (& Leslie)


**Stacking the Shelves, or STS, is hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Sunday Post is hosted by Kimba at Caffeinated Book Reviewer.

28 comments:

  1. Woow, so many books! I really wish I could use Randombuzzers but it's US only. :'( Cries for being an Aussie. I hope you enjoy all your new books!
    Laura @ Music Plus Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great haul! I want The 100 as well, and I look forward to starting The Madman's Daughter.
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice haul. Hope you enjoy them all!
    Thanks for stopping by the Harem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many GORGEOUS new books, hope you enjoy! I particularly like the look of Stay With Me and The 100 (need to read it before the TV-shows starts!).

    My Stacking the Shelves :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice haul! I absolutely loved Where the Stars Still Shine. Stay With Me was pretty good as well.


    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by my STS! Really great book week! I want to read The 100 too and I really liked The Madman's Daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice haul! I can't wait to read Love in the Time of Global Warming. Happy reading.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooh, swag. Gotta love it. I hope you enjoy your new reads!

    thanks for visiting my haul.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, The Five Deaths of Roxianne sounds good! Thanks for stopping by my SP :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Man. What an awesome selection of books you got this week. I'm probably going to get the 100 in a few weeks when Kass Morgan is signing.


    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great haul! I hope you enjoy all your new books. Come see what I got at Ms. Martin Teaches Media and Inside of a Dog. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome haul. We both got Dead Girls Don't Lie :)

    Happy reading!

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/09/stacking-shelves-53.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great book haul and I want to say how much I love your blog header!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, Awesome haul ladies, I still need to read the Madman's Daughter and Dead Girls Don't Lie looks good. Thanks for linking up to the Sunday Post, and we'd love to see you link up weekly, but please be sure to mention the Sunday Post and leave a link back to it. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. sorry about that! we added the mention and link.

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh no worries at all, we are delighted you joined and I am looking forward to reading your posts and reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome book haul! I see lots of great books here but the one I'm most excited to read is Stay With Me by Elyssa Patrick. Hope you enjoy all the books!

    My STS

    ReplyDelete
  18. Whoa, I love the cover of Broken. I start reading WTSSS this week, and I'm so excited. Happy reading!

    My STS.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dead GIrls Don't lie looks really good and I requested Broken and really hope I get it! Thanks for stopping by My Haul!


    Janina

    ReplyDelete
  20. YAY for Where the Stars Still Shine! I loved that book so much - 5 stars from me! I have an ARC of The Madman's Daughter, but I haven't read it yet.

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome stack! I have been planning on reading the Medusa Girls series for some time. I really liked her mermaid series. Thanks for stopping by my STS! I hope you have a fabulous week!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lots of pretty books this week. I can't wait to read Dead Girls and the 100. I'll have to see if Madman's is still on sale. I've been meaning to read that one. Great haul this week!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ooh, so much good stuff! I couldn't resist The Madman's Daughter being on sale either. I rarely buy ebooks, but I just had to! :) I only just discovered yesterday what Starry Nights is about, but it looks so fun! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Aha! First of all, let me pay my sincere compliments to your new blog design. I love the color, Michelle! It felt so good to the eyes! :D Weeee!


    Your haul amazes me yet again. That Dead Girls Don't Lie is really scary. I've kept seeing it on Netgalley but I don't think I could stand it if there are hair raising scenes on it. :D


    And please don't forget to get some sleep. :D

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a great haul!! So many awesome books!! Enjoy ;)

    Thanx for visiting My Weekly Wrap-Up!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  26. I really want to read "The 100" but I haven't managed to pick it up yet. I'll get it soon I hope. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  27. The 100! Really excited to read that and watch the show. Great sale for The Madman's Daughter. I've been wanting to read that one! Enjoy! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.