Saturday, August 10, 2013

Bookshelf Additions for August

Saturday, August 10, 2013 with
Hi all,
It's that time of the week again! STS** time! These are the books we got this week and it's a bigger book haul than usual. First, the review books.
Physical books for review:
Relic: The Books of Eva by Heather Terrell (unsolicited)
This is W.A.R. by Lisa and Laura Roecker
Ketchup Clouds by Annabel Pitcher
More physical review books:
All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill
[[We were surprise we were sent another copy of AOY since we already got one but we can't complain!]]
Covet by Tracey Garvis Graves
[[Covet brings both trepidation (it's about emotional infidelity--*shudders*) and excitement (it's by a favorite author of mine!!).]]
We got approved for these e-galleys:
The Promise of Amazing by Robin Constantine (YA)
Lost in London by Cindy Callaghan (middle grade)
The Perfect Match by Kristan Higgin (romance)
I placed an order on Bookcloseouts.com last month and it finally came in. YAY!! All of the books in this order was under four bucks and I spent $23 and some change, which I thought was a pretty good deal for 8 books.
Bought:
So Many Boys by Suzanne Young
Babe in Boyland by Jody Gehrman
Shattered Souls by Mary Lindsey
[[This was a total cover buy.]]
Love and Other Things I'm Bad At by Catherine Clark
Bought:
Lucid by Adrienne Stoltz and Ron Bass
[[Sadly, Lucid did not come with a cover jacket. Oh well.]]
Born Wicked by Jessica Spotswood
Unraveling by Elizabeth Norris
Auracle by Gina Rosati
And, last but not the least, I won an e-book copy of Head Over Heels by Jill Shalvis on Twitter. I reviewed this book back in 2011 but I gave away my physical copy so I'm very happy to get a copy for my Kindle.

Did you guys get anything good? Leave us a link to your book haul post so we can go take a gander your pretties.

Happy reading,
Michelle & Leslie

**Stacking the Shelves, or STS, is hosted by Tynga's Reviews.

25 comments:

  1. Oh wow, you have a fantastic haul here! I got The Promise of Amazing this week too, and I adore that cover for All Our Yesterdays but I prefer our UK cover. I also really enjoyed This Is W.A.R. and Unraveling when I read them :) Enjoy all of your books!

    My Haul

    INT Giveaway of Addicted to You"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! It looks like you have a lot to look forward to. Ketchup Clouds has had some great reviews over here, so I hope you enjoy it. I've been meaning to give Babe in Boyland a try for a while now -- it looks like a really entertaining book! Happy reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, so many of your new books are on my to-read list - Unraveling, The Promise of Amazing, Born Wicked. I have read Babe in Boyland, which I must admit left me wanting more. But I hope you like it.


    Enjoy your goodies and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a book shopping addict, Michelle! You should be banned from Amazon. hahaha.

    All those physical ARCs... :C I am now green with envy. Sometimes I wish that I am living in the US just to have those. :P

    Covet is so pretty but I stopped myself requesting it from NG because I was quite intimidated by the title.

    Have fun reading them. :D

    my STS

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many new books to look into! I hope you enjoy them all. Thanks for stopping by mine earlier. :)
    Laura @ Music Plus Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, so many pretties. I just requested This is W.A.R. today! Ketchup cloud looks adorable, omg!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I haven't seen that cover of All Our Yesterdays! But I loved that book! Nice haul, hope you enjoy them all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoa! Tons of books :) I really want to read All Our Yesterdays and I really enjoyed Unraveling. Great haul and thanks for stopping by My Haul!


    Janina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great haul Michelle and Leslie! You got some really cool books, so many I'm dying to read. As you saw from my haul, I also got ketchup Clouds and I loved it to pieces. It was a really original and hooking read that I cannot recommend enough, so I hope you enjoy it. Everyone seems to be reviewing "All Our Yesterdays" at the moment and it sounds really interesting. I'm really interested to hear what you think of Born Wicked, because it's also a book I have to read. Thanks so much for stopping by my haul . Happy Reading, Enjoy!


    - Sunny :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a great book haul.
    I hope you enjoy reading al of your new books.

    And thanks for your comment on My STS
    Mariska

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great haul. Happy reading!

    follower

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/08/stacking-shelves-50.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice haul of books, quite a few of them are on my wishlist! I bought All Our Yesterdays a couple of weeks ago and looking forward to reading it.


    Enjoy all your new books and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice. Been hearing really good things about All Our Yesterdays. Covet has such a pretty cover. Thanks for visiting me earlier :)


    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't ventured into contemp. yet but I've been told by several
    different people if I do that I should check out Jill Shalvis. Congrats on all the great books this week!

    Paranormal
    Haven

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, you got a great haul of books! Seems like nearly everyone got The Promise of Amazing this week. I LOVE BookCloseouts.com - I haven't ordered anything from there for a few months but I was addicted for awhile, getting a box of books from them every few weeks lol. Enjoy all your new books! :-)

    ~Marie @ Ramblings of a Daydreamer
    My Book Haul

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow. Lots of goodies this week. I'm really excited to read All Our Yesterdays and Ketchup Clouds sounds so interesting. Great haul!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome cover for Shattered Souls. And the mustache in Babe in Boyland just tickles. Happy reading ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I wasn't a huge fan of This Is W.A.R. - it was kind of in the middle for me. Unraveling and Auracle are awesome! I actually LOVED Auracle, and Gina is terrific :)

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can't wait to dive into Covet. Enjoy your haul!

    My STS.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You got some seriously awesome books! I've read a few of these, some are I have and need to read, and some are on my tbr. Thanks for stopping by my STS!

    Tressa @ Tressa's Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oooh.. your cover of All Our Yesterdays is different! It's so gorgeous!


    I didn't really like Unraveling, but I hope you fair better with it.


    Happy reading! Thanks for stopping by! :)


    Janus @ The Blair Book Project

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ketchup clouds? Heh, how strange. But I'm definitely intrigued now! Also, The Promise of Amazing has THE cutest cover! - congrats on getting it for review. And thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Unraveling was pretty darn amazing! :) I hope you like it.
    I also need to get my hands on Born Wicked. It sounds like my kind of story.
    Enjoy your haul!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Really didn't need to know about bookcloseouts as I'm pretty sure that could wreck havoc on my book budget. Love your picks-have you read Shattered Souls before? I fell completely in love with it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.