Wednesday, August 7, 2013

We've been coveting these books for a while now but we were biding our time to feature them til their covers are revealed... And the time is now!

Cover reveals galore in the last few days and we couldn't be any happier.

Leslie's pick this week is Cress, the third book in Marissa Meyer's Lunar Chronicles series. Why does she covet this book? It's Cress. 'Nuff said.
Rapunzel's tower is a satellite. She can't let down her hair - or her guard.

In this third book in the bestselling Lunar Chronicles series, Cinder and Captain Thorne are fugitives on the run, with Scarlet and Wolf in tow. Together, they’re plotting to overthrow Queen Levana and her army.

Their best hope lies with Cress, who has been trapped on a satellite since childhood with only her netscreens as company. All that screen time has made Cress an excellent hacker – unfortunately, she’s just received orders from Levana to track down Cinder and her handsome accomplice.

When a daring rescue goes awry, the group is separated. Cress finally has her freedom, but it comes at a high price. Meanwhile, Queen Levana will let nothing stop her marriage to Emperor Kai. Cress, Scarlet, and Cinder may not have signed up to save the world, but they may be the only ones who can.
Cress will be released on February 4, 2014. Click on the cover to go to the book's Goodreads page.


Michelle's pick this week is It Happened One Wedding by Julie James. Why does she covet this book? It's by Julie James. 'Nuff said.
SHE KNOWS BETTER THAN TO SAY “I DO”

After a humiliating end to her engagement, investment banker Sidney Sinclair is done with commitment-phobic men. But when her sister winds up engaged after a whirlwind courtship, she’s thrown in to close contact with exactly the kind of sexy playboy she wants to avoid—the gorgeous best man. She’s stuck with him, for better or worse, until her sister walks down the aisle, but that doesn’t mean she has to give in to his smooth advances, no matter how tempting they are…

BUT HE MAKES IT HARD TO SAY “I DON’T”

Special Agent Vaughn Roberts always gets his man on the job and his woman in bed. So Sidney’s refusal to fall for his charms only makes him more determined to win over the cool and confident redhead. Only what starts out as a battle of wills ends up as a serious play for her heart. Because the one woman who refuses to be caught may be the only one Vaughn can’t live without…
It Happened One Wedding will be released on March 25, 2014. Click on the cover to go to the book's Goodreads page.

What book(s) do you covet this week?
Leave a comment with a link so we can check your WoW of the week too.


 
"Books I Covet" is a weekly or bi-weekly blog post series we do here on Wednesdays. It will feature books we are very excited about reading and plan on buying/borrowing in the near future. It is basically the "Waiting On" meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine, but we just like the title "books we covet" better. We will include the books' blurb, cover art, and/or release date if they're available. 

22 comments:

  1. OMG yay for Cress! This series is just killing me! I want to read all of it NOW! :)

    Andrea K. @ Books and Bindings
    Waiting on Wednesdays
    WWW Wednesdays

    ReplyDelete
  2. It Happened One Wedding is new to me, and it's not something I would normally go for, but I'm definitely curious now. I still need to read Scarlet! I had some mixed feelings about Cinder, but I did enjoy it overall. Great picks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These both look awesome...love the covers and blurbs. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still need to get caught up on the Lunar Chronicles...like start them. I've heard great things about Cinder and Scarlet and I LOVE Cress' cover. It Happened looks interesting, too. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read Scarlet yet! I did read Cinder though. Hope you read and enjoy Cress! :)

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never read a wedding book like this one before so I am going to have to check it out, it sounds like it could be quite a fun read. And CRESS!!! I want it RIGHT NOW. Awesome picks and thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been seeing Cress so much today! I can't for it either because I adore the cover. :) I need to read Scarlet soon but my tbr pile is so big!

    Julie James has a new book? :O How come I didn't know that? But thanks for sharing! :) Definitely adding it to my wish-list!

    Nick - My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've seen Cress on so many people's list! I can't wait and the cover is amazing!Thanks for stopping by My WW!



    Janina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both sound interesting. Loving the cover for Cress. Thanks for stopping by mine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE the cover for Cress!! Great picks!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    Ally @ Book Fixation

    ReplyDelete
  11. I still haven't read the Lunar Chronicles but I only read good things about it!

    Both picks sounds really good + i love both covers! So pretty!

    Thanks for stopping by at my WoW!

    Joana @ A Bookworm Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMGGGGGGGG!! I LOVE Cress cover and it matches the series :D And I had NOT heard of IT HAPPENED ONE WEDDING but I SO WANT to read it now XD It sounds exactly like the book i need now!

    -Great WoW pick's Michelle & Leslie
    Lisseth @ Read-A-holicZ [My WoW]

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'll seriously start with this series as soon as Cress is out! I've been delaying it for too long. I haven't heard of the second one but sounds really interesting. Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so excited about Cress! I hadn't seen the cover until today but I like it and I can't wait till it's published.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooooh.... great choices!! I have had the Lunar Chronicles on my TBR list for ages, must get to it!

    Thanx for visiting my WoW!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great picks! I can't wait for Cress, I love this series! And the cover is gorgeous!
    Thanks for stopping by on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome picks! I'm dying to read these 2 books :) Julie James & Cress - definitely 'nuff said :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh I love that cover on Cress! So many people love that series, gotta get to it soon!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yay for Cress! Haha, I love that cover so much. Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yes I covet both books too! That's a really different cover for the James-doesn't match the rest of the books at all which makes me wonder if they're getting a cover redesign?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.