Wednesday, July 3, 2013

How adorable does this book sound?! And that cover? We <3 <3 <3 it.

book cover
Wren Caswell is average. Ranked in the middle of her class at Sacred Heart, she’s not popular, but not a social misfit. Wren is the quiet, “good” girl who's always done what she's supposed to—only now in her junior year, this passive strategy is backfiring. She wants to change, but doesn’t know how.

Grayson Barrett was the king of St. Gabe’s. Star of the lacrosse team, top of his class, on a fast track to a brilliant future—until he was expelled for being a “term paper pimp.” Now Gray is in a downward spiral and needs to change, but doesn’t know how.

One fateful night their paths cross when Wren, working at her family’s Arthurian-themed catering hall, performs the Heimlich on Gray as he chokes on a cocktail weenie, saving his life literally and figuratively. What follows is the complicated, awkward, hilarious, and tender tale of two teens shedding their pasts, figuring out who they are—and falling in love.
The Promise of Amazing will be released on December 31, 2013. Click on the cover to go to the book's Goodreads page. You might also want to check out Robin Constantine's website.

What book(s) do you "covet" this week?
Leave a comment with a link so we can check your WoW of the week too.


P.S. I'm finally on Instagram! My username is "michelleisreading" and I'm planning to do an "Instagram read" in the near future where I'll take pictures of passages from my current reads and my reactions to them, etc. Just gotta find the right book... 

Oh, and there will be a lot of Hawaii pics, food pics, Russian knick-knack pics, kitties, book recs and other randomness. Followers are welcome. ;)


 
"Books I Covet" is a weekly or bi-weekly blog post series we do here on Wednesdays. It will feature books we are very excited about reading and plan on buying/borrowing in the near future. It is basically the "Waiting On" meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine, but we just like the title "books we covet" better. We will include the books' blurb, cover art, and/or release date if they're available. 

20 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read this book as well! I didn't know it would be releasing this year though - cool! I think this book sounds awesome, and I love the cover! Wren is such a cool name. Hope you enjoy it when you get to read it! :D

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't usually read books like this, but it does look pretty interesting :) Hope you get it! Thanks for stopping by!

    Janina
    My WW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not usually one for contemporary, but this one looks absolutely adorable! :D

    Here's my #WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cover!!! How cute....

    Great pic

    Michelle@Because reading is better than real life...
    My Wow

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book looks very sweet. Very cute pick.

    Thanks for stopping by my wow and sharing yours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm loving this cover and this looks like a good read. Thanks for stopping by

    Cricket@ Little Library Muse

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the cover! it´s just so cute! Can´t wait to read it.
    thanks for sharing.

    Here is My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a CUTE cover! I don't know what it is with me liking small girls with tall guys. Maybe because I'm small, too (5'1").

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds adorable. I will def be adding this to my TBR. Thanks for sharing!



    Thanks for stopping by!
    Nicole @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have seen this one for the first time yesterday! I really love the sound of it. Great pick :) Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's the first time I hear of this book, but I'm definitely going to keep an eye on it *adding to TBR*.
    And the cover!!! Sooo sweet!

    Thanks for stopping by at my WoW!

    My WoW: http://bookishrandomness.blogspot.com/2013/07/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds like it will be a great read! Putting on my tbr list!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute! Doesn't sound like my kind of read but still hope you love it!



    Thanks for visiting my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hehe!! Sounds like a cute read!! I'm trying to picture her doing the Heimlich on him!! lol.... I hope you enjoy it!!

    Thanx for visiting my WoW!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Promise of Amazing sounds, well, amazing haha. I'll definitely look out for that one!

    http://reading-in-the-dark.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  16. This does sound amazing! I revealed the cover for it a while back - so cute!

    Stop by my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  17. This book seems like a light summery read! Nice pick! I think I should check it out :P Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like the sound of Wren-I've always been a kind of under the radar girl so I can sympathize with her situation.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.