Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Michelle Covets: The Vow by Jessica Martinez

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 with
I haven't read anything by Jessica Martinez yet but I cannot help but be drawn to The Vow. It has a very interesting premise and I want to know how everything will be resolved.

book cover
No one has ever believed that Mo and Annie are just friends. How can a guy and a girl really be best friends?

Then the summer before senior year, Mo’s father loses his job, and by extension his work visa. Instantly, life for Annie and Mo crumbles. Although Mo has lived in America for most of his life, he’ll be forced to move to Jordan. The prospect of leaving his home is devastating, and returning to a world where he no longer belongs terrifies him.

Desperate to save him, Annie proposes they tell a colossal lie—that they are in love. Mo agrees because marrying Annie is the only way he can stay. Annie just wants to keep her best friend, but what happens when it becomes a choice between saving Mo and her own chance at real love?
The Vow will be released on October 15, 2013. Click on the cover to go to the book's Goodreads page. You might also want to check out author Jessica Martinez's website.

What book(s) do you "covet" this week?
Leave a comment with a link so we can check your WoW of the week too.


 
"Books I Covet" is a weekly or bi-weekly blog post series we do here on Wednesdays. It will feature books we are very excited about reading and plan on buying/borrowing in the near future. It is basically the "Waiting On" meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine, but we just like the title "books we covet" better. We will include the books' blurb, cover art, and/or release date if they're available. 

15 comments:

  1. Mixed feelings about this one. I sounds interesting, but I'm missing the promise of swoon. But good pick! My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen this book quite a few times today. I'm definitely going to check it out. :) Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard of this one but while it does sound interesting, it doesn't sound like something I'd like. I hope you'll get it soon. Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never heard about it before but it looks like a fun read!
    Hope you get it soon and thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen this one around, but I don't know yet if it's a book for me.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks really good. I'm glad it focuses on male/female friendship and I like that it doesn't sound like it turns into more like these types of books tend to. Great pick!
    Natflix&Books' WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds really good and I so want to read it! I have seen it only a couple times, but it is a must read. Great pick and thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've not heard of this one, but I hope you get your hands on it :) Thanks for stopping by My WW!



    Janina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haven't heard of this one! Doesn't sound like my kind of read but still hope you love it once you read it!


    Thanks for visiting my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really interesting. Love the concept of the cover art. Thanks for sharing, and for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds interesting! I kind of like stories like this one, I might have to give it a shot!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds like an interesting book. I'm not to big in to romance novels though. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That sounds like a really good book! Thanks for stopping by my WW as well! New GFC follower.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah, this sounds nice! I hope you love it when you read it!

    Thanks for sharing and thanks for stopping by my post earlier! Just returned the love. Happy reading!

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm really excited to check this one out. I believe I read the author's previous book and liked it so I'm eager for another release from her.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.