Michelle Covets: These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner

These Broken Stars sound amazing, and with a very swoon-y sounding romance to boot! And that cover? Just WOW.

book cover
It's a night like any other on board the Icarus. Then, catastrophe strikes: the massive luxury spaceliner is yanked out of hyperspace and plummets into the nearest planet. Lilac LaRoux and Tarver Merendsen survive. And they seem to be alone.

Lilac is the daughter of the richest man in the universe. Tarver comes from nothing, a young war hero who learned long ago that girls like Lilac are more trouble than they’re worth. But with only each other to rely on, Lilac and Tarver must work together, making a tortuous journey across the eerie, deserted terrain to seek help.

Then, against all odds, Lilac and Tarver find a strange blessing in the tragedy that has thrown them into each other’s arms. Without the hope of a future together in their own world, they begin to wonder—would they be better off staying here forever?

Everything changes when they uncover the truth behind the chilling whispers that haunt their every step. Lilac and Tarver may find a way off this planet. But they won’t be the same people who landed on it.

The first in a sweeping science fiction trilogy, These Broken Stars is a timeless love story about hope and survival in the face of unthinkable odds.
These Broken Stars will be released on December 10, 2013. Click on the cover to go to the book's Goodreads page. You might also want to check out authors Amie Kaufman's website and Meagan Spooner's website.

What book(s) do you "covet" this week?
Leave a comment with a link so we can check your WoW of the week too.


 
"Books I Covet" is a weekly or bi-weekly blog post series we do here on Wednesdays. It will feature books we are very excited about reading and plan on buying/borrowing in the near future. It is basically the "Waiting On" meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine, but we just like the title "books we covet" better. We will include the books' blurb, cover art, and/or release date if they're available. 

15 comments

  1. I've seen this one before. =) It sounds good! :D
    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book looks so so gorgeous! I seriously want it just because of the cover haha XD

    Hope we get it soon! :)
    Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome choice!! I love this cover!!
    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. New follower via Bloglovin. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cover is WOW! Super excited for this one! I also love anything to do with space and crash landing on a planet sounds so intriguing. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I'm dying to read this one since the day I saw it for this first time. It sounds really amazing. Great pick. Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this cover. Can't wait to read it. Thanks for sharing :)

    follower

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/07/waiting-on-wednesday-55-all-that-glows.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really looking forward to this one as well. Great pick. Thanks for stopping by My WoW earlier and sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love this cover and I've been curious to see what this book is about :) Great pick and thanks for stopping by!

    Janina
    My WW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so excited for this one, too. It sounds amazing and that cover is so stunning. Great pick!
    Natflix&Books' WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, I'm super excited for this book. Both the cover and the synopsis are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to read this one too. I love the striking cover!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OOh nice!! Been seeing this one around! Love the cover!

    Thanks for visiting my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds really interesting! Almost like Titanic in space, haha. And the cover reminds us of ACROSS THE UNIVERSE meets FOR DARKNESS SHOWS THE STARS. Thanks for bringing this book to our attention!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm not such a big fan of the cover but now that I've finally read the description I must say it sounds interesting! I like stories where people who ususally wouldn't give each other the time of day are thrown together and have to rely on one another :)
    Thanks for stopping by my WoW yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm coveting this one too-I love her big dramatic green dress!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.