#FridayReads + Follow Friday

Hello everyone,
Happy Friday! We hope you all had a wonderful Independence Day yesterday and are still in possession of all of your fingers? (ha!)

Our blog has a new look and we really like it! Let us know what you think.

We are combining #FridayReads and Follow Friday this week. These are the books we are currently reading:

Leslie is reading Jennifer Echols' Dirty Little Secret. Here's a teaser from the chapter (ARC edition) Leslie is currently on:
I had one last chance to back away, be a good girl like my parents told me, and keep my future safe by sacrificing my present. Unfortunately, in my present, Sam stood eight inches taller than me, smiling down at me. One dark curl played back and forth on his forehead in the hot breeze.

I gave him my number.
As for Michelle, she's reading Perfect Fling by Carly Phillips, her first Carly Phillips novel in years. Here's the opening paragraph from the ARC edition:
Erin Marsden had always been Serendipity's good girl. As assistant district attorney in the small upstate New York town, only daughter of the ex-police chief, youngest sibling of two overprotective brothers (both cops, one of whom was the current police chief), Erin always lived up to expectations. She'd never made a misstep, more afraid of disappointing her family than stepping out of the stereotypical role she'd always, always fulfilled.

Until last night.
Dirty Little Secret (7/16) and Perfect Fling (7/30) are both not out yet, but if you're interested in either books just click on the links and you'll be taken to Goodreads.

***
 
Follow Friday is hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. The goal of this meme is to increase blog followers and make friends and we are all about both. For complete rules on how to participate, click here.

The Feature and Follow question this week is to share our favorite war/government overthrow novel (or, in our case, series):

For us, nothing beats the Harry Potter series, which includes both an epic war (between the wizarding world vs. Voldemort and his Death Eaters) and an attempt to overthrow the government (Voldemort sought to topple the Ministry of Magic).

Thank you for stopping by our blog! We always appreciate new followers and if you get to us before we get to you, please leave a link to your blog so we can follow you back.
Follow on Bloglovin
OR via Google+ or GFC or Networkblogs (see sidebar) 
Have a great weekend everyone and happy reading!

-Michelle & Leslie


P.S. If you have time to spare, enter one (or both) of our current giveaways:
Enter here (US & Canada)
Enter here (US)

19 comments

  1. Nice picks. Happy weekend ;)

    follower

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/07/feature-and-follow-55.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still kicking myself for not going with the absolute BEST series ever! Nothing comes close to Harry Potter :) Happy Friday. Old follower.

    Meredith

    Meredith’s Musings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing beats HP! Glad we chose the same thing! Thanks for dropping by my FF. Following back via bloglovin! :D

    http://thesmellofparchment.blogspot.in/2013/07/featue-follow-friday-17.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! I'm glad I wasn't the only one who chose HP! :D Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

    New Bloglovin follower.

    Andrea K. @ Books and Bindings
    Friday Finds
    Feature & Follow

    ReplyDelete
  5. Harry Potter's a great choice! The battle between Voldemort and the wizards is an epic one.

    New Bloglovin' Follower.

    My FF HERE.

    -Seirra @ Dear, Restless Reader

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, there!

    Thank you SO much for dropping by and commenting on my Book Blogger Hop post!! I really appreciate it!! I also appreciate that you're following my blog with bloglovin'!! I'm now following you back!!

    Those two books sure sound like GREAT reads! The plots are definitely interesting! I'm adding them to my Goodreads TBR shelf.

    I totally agree with your answer for the Follow Friday question. I ADORE the Harry Potter series!!! It's the most wonderful fantasy series there is, although it's tied, in my opinion, with The Lord of the Rings. If I had answered this question, I would have mentioned both series.
    Hope you guys have a WONDERFUL weekend!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for visiting my FF, Michelle! Your picks seems to be very popular this week.

    I've followed you back via Bloglovin'!

    Have a super weekend.

    Sandra @ SSBF Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pick! I love The Harry Potter series. I'm a GFC follower. :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe I didn't even think of Harry Potter! When I read the question I immediately started thinking about historical wars, but the war in HP is truly epic! Thanks for visiting this week :) I've been following via G+ and I added Bloglovin' this week.

    Traci @ Mad Hatter Reads

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi ladies, thanks for stopping by my place. Very jealous you got an early copy of "Perfect Fling". I can't wait for it to be released. Following you via Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great pick! I have seen a lot of Harry Potter picks this week =D. Thanks for stopping by mine already. New Follower via Feedly.

    Becky @ Book Bite Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  12. How can you not love HP? Thanks for stopping by! I'm now following on bloglovin'.

    Britt @ Close Encounters of the Book Kind

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've only read this just now. Totally agree with you with Harry Potter and how they overthrew Voldy and his gang of deatheaters and especially that old had Umbridge.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Harry Potter will be a popular choice for sure!!

    Thanx for visiting my FF!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yep Harry Potter all the way!! Best epic war ever :D

    Thanks for stopping by earlier :)

    Amy @ The Reading Realm

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both of those books sound like great summer reads, just perfect for my upcoming weekend away! Thanks for sharing! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.