Bookshelf Additions for July

Hi everyone,
This week ended up being a very good week in books for us, which is great because I don't think we're going to be getting any books for a while after this week.

Anywho, here's our haul--
I bought Juliet Immortal by Stacey Jay, Ten by Gretchen McNeil, Something Strange & Deadly by Susan Dennard and Defiance by C.J. Redwine from Bookcloseouts.com--the price for all four books (including shipping) was about $23 and I thought that was a pretty good deal.

Leslie received Hooked by Liz Fichera from Harlequin Teen Panel and I am part of the blog tour for Shadows by Paula Weston so I got a copy for review.

Back in May I won a copy of Monument 14 and its sequel Monument 14: Sky on Fire by Emmy Laybourne and a Fierce Reads bag on Twitter but there was a glitch and I didn't get my prize. So, to make up for it the lovely folks at Macmillan also sent me a copy of Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo and a book I've never heard of but sounds really good, Sekret by Lindsay Smith (which doesn't come out 'til April 2014).

I also got three unsolicited review books: Blood Warrior by Lindsey Piper, Hearts Unbound by Sara Luck and How to Entice an Enchantress by Karen Hawkins.

And I got approved for Turn and Burn by Lorelei James and Until Fountain Bridge by Samantha Young on Netgalley--it was so awesome because I requested both books on Thursday morning and I was approved that same day! That never happened to me before so YAY for great timing.

I already finished reading Until Fountain Bridge (my review will be up this coming week), which is a novella and I'm currently devouring Turn and Burn because I have been dying to read this book (I'm a huge fan of Lorelei James' Blacktop Cowboys series).

Did you guys get anything good? Leave me a link to your book haul post so I can go take a gander your pretties.

Happy reading,
Michelle

28 comments

  1. I literally JUST finished Defiance - I loved it so much! Definitely my type of book ;) And all the Fierce Reads swag - I am so jealous! I love the tote bag :D

    Have a great weekend!

    Check out my STS post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely haul of books. I see a lot of stuff in there that I want to read. Thank your for visiting me earlier at my new blogs home. Defiance, ah I still need to read that.




    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome haul :) I can't wait to start Monument 14 and I can't an eARC of Shadows last week. Hope we enjoy both books!

    Thanks for stopping by My Haul!



    Janina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my STS! Ten was good, if a little corny in parts. I loved Something Strange and Deadly, can't wait for the sequel. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been meaning to read Juliet Immortal for so long. I've heard some good things about it. I've been hearing a lot of good things about the Monument 14 series and Grisha trilogy as well. Good haul :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grats on your wins! Macmillan is so nice to resend you the books + a gift. :D
    That is definitely a good deal, especially since Ten and Defiance is so good!
    Enjoy all your books! (:

    My STS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Michelle! Goodness, that's a lot of books! Are you and Leslie even planning to sleep at all?

    You are so lucky to be able to participate in blog tour with famous authors and get awesome freebies. In the city where I live, that's next to a miracle.

    Netgalley is really awesome. But I have to work harder to get approve for titles under famous publishing houses.

    I hope that you have a good time reading them , Michelle!

    Thoughts and Pens



    -charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! You got so many good books! I really want to read Something Strange and Deadly!! Thanks for visiting my site! Enjoy your many glorious books!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooh! I'm so jealous that you got Sekret! It looks so good. Thanks for stopping by my sts! I think a lot of people got The Iron Wyrm Affair through Kindle daily deals - that's how I got it. Enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh you got some awesome deals at book closeouts!! I'm hoping to read Something Strange and Deadly sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great haul! I'm so excited to read Shadows- I hope you enjoy it, too, along with your other new books! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really need to read Siege and Storm. I loved the first book and really want to know where the story goes.



    That's awesome that you got such a great deal on those books! I love when that happens.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These look great, and I know Siege and Storm's fab, I enjoyed it even more than Shadow and Bone

    ReplyDelete
  14. BookCloseOuts is so amazing, right? I often put in orders there too. I adored Ten and I definitely plan to read Shadows soon! I hope you enjoy your new books!

    :)

    Thanks for stopping by my post!

    ~Sara @ Forever 17 Books

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, you did have a great book week! All of these books look fab. I'm especially looking forward to Sekret. Hope you enjoy all your new goodies.

    Raina @ The LUV'NV
    Old GFC follower

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! Amazing book week! I don't know where I'd start!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Look at those lovely pretties. I want to read Siege and Storm. Happy reading!

    Thanks for visiting my haul.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome haul! I was trying to decide if I wanted to buy Juliet Immortal because it was only $5 @ chapters indigo haha. I love Siege and Storm! Happy readings and thanks for stopping by Bookmunchies (:

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is an amazing batch of book, girls! Ten is such a great horror read. McNeil is awesome :) And the Monument 14 series is so beautifully written. Enjoy! (Becca @ Nawanda Files)

    ReplyDelete
  20. So many good books! I have to contain myself at Book Closeouts or else I'd have no money left. :)


    Rachel @ Paper Cuts

    ReplyDelete
  21. :O So many good books! I ADORE Deception & Something Strange and Deadly. Hope you love them! Enjoy your awesome haul...

    ReplyDelete
  22. I haven't read any of these but a few of them are on my TBR, hope you enjoy your books! Thanks for stopping by my STS :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a fabulous book week you've had! Hope you enjoy each and every one. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Awesome haul! I love Juliet Immortal. I hope you enjoy your books! :D

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a great haul...Juliet Immortal is one i've been eying for a while:)

    Thanks for stopping by my Added to the Bookshelf post!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow, so many awesome books Michelle! I also got Something Strange and Deadly this week and Defiance is one of my favorite books! I still need to start Leigh Bardugo's series! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  27. You will definitely love Ten & Defiance. They are both soo good! (:
    Enjoy all your lovely books & thanks for stopping by my STS! (:

    ReplyDelete
  28. Um yeah, your haul was amazing! I've gotten a few books for review from publisher and some Netgalley stuff but haven't posted about it. Excited to see all your reviews!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.