Book I Covet: The Lonesome Young by Lucy Connors

At first I thought The Lonesome Young is NA based on the cover, but nope. It's YA.

It is being promoted as Romeo and Juliet meets Justified [[I had to google Justified since I'm not familiar but it turned to be an Old West type of crime drama on FX]] which that sounds like an intriguing combo. The synopsis sounds really awesome and that cover is darn steamy! I like!

What happens when the teenage heirs of two bitterly feuding families can’t stay away from each other?

The Rhodales and the Whitfields have been sworn enemies for close on a hundred years, with a whole slew of adulterous affairs, financial backstabbing, and blackmailing that’s escalated the rivalry to its current state of tense ceasefire.

IT’S TIME TO LIGHT THE FUSE...

And now a meth lab explosion in rural Whitfield County is set to reignite the feud more viciously than ever before. Especially when the toxic fire that results throws together two unlikely spectators—proper good girl Victoria Whitfield, exiled from boarding school after her father’s real estate business melts down in disgrace, and town motorcycle rebel Mickey Rhodale, too late as always to thwart his older brothers’ dangerous drug deals.

Victoria and Mickey are about to find out the most passionate romances are the forbidden ones.

...ON A POWDER KEG FULL OF PENT-UP DESIRE, risk-taking daredevilry, and the desperate actions that erupt when a generation of teens inherits nothing but hate.
The Lonesome Young will be released on April 8, 2014. Click on the cover to go to the book's Goodreads page.

What book(s) do you "covet" this week?
Leave a comment with a link so we can check your WoW of the week too.


 
"Books I Covet" is a weekly or bi-weekly blog post series we do here on Wednesdays. It will feature books we are very excited about reading and plan on buying/borrowing in the near future. It is basically the "Waiting On" meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine, but we just like the title "books we covet" better. We will include the books' blurb, cover art, and/or release date if they're available. 

14 comments

  1. Great steamy cover! I like twists on Romeo and Juliet. I never watched Justified either but does sound like a unique combo. Thanks for stopping by!

    Some Like It Paranormal

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not heard of this one, but forbidden love is always a plus for me :) Thanks for stopping by My WW!



    Janina

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! WERE HAVE I BEEN THAT I HAVE NOT HEARD OF THIS BOOK!!! It sounds like romeo & juliet meets western, especially with that title! Thanks for bringing this to my attention!

    -Great Books to covet Pick Michelle, much bloggy <33
    Lisseth @ Read-A-holicZ [My WoW]

    ReplyDelete
  4. While not necessarily my type of read, I really like the cover for it. I hope you enjoy this one when you get the chance to read it.

    My Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard of Justified either. I hope you'll get to read this one but I'll let it pass as this really doesn't sound like my type of a read. Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like this one is going to be all go, what with meth lab explosions and everything! I would've picked it as being NA too. Great pick.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one's new to me! Hope you enjoy it once it releases!


    Thanks for visiting my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh!! This one sounds awesome! Great pick!

    Mikki @A Bookish Escape

    My WOW: http://www.abookishescape.com/2013/07/waiting-on-wednesday-28.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Romeo and Juliet + Justified? Sign me up! Thanks for sharing-- and stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 2014 !! This book sounds sooo interesting ! I think the cover is very dramatic

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a fan of Justified. If this sounds interesting, peeps here should check out the TV series Hatfields and McCoys, Forbidden love always makes for a great story.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Lonesome Young sounds great, and I love it's cover. The story comparison has me intrigued: Romeo and Juliet meets Justified.Great pick and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Justified is really good-I missed the most recent season because they didn't put it on hulu (grrr). I'm very excited about this book too-I don't always like these kinds of dramatic romances but it looks like it could just sweep me away.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.