#FridayReads and Follow Friday

Hello everyone,
Happy Friday! We decided to combine #FridayReads and Follow Friday together again this week. This is what we are reading this weekend:

Leslie didn't get to do much reading this week because she's busy doing her summer homework for AP Lit. She's still reading Sarah Dessen's The Moon and More  Here's a teaser from chapter 17 where Leslie is currently on:
"It was a good thing I was still half-asleep, not to mention coughing too hard to be expected to explain, because I was busted."
As for Michelle, she's reading the novella Uncharted by Tracey Garvis-Graves, which is a follow-up to the fantastic On the Island (btw, it's the perfect summer read).

Here's a bit of happy domesticity with Anna and T.J. from chapter 1 of the e-ARC edition:
"What's it going to be? Caillou or Dragon Tales?" T.J. asks the twins.

"Dragon Tales," they shout.

"One episode and then it's bedtime, okay?"

"Okay," they say, and then run out of the room.

"I'll turn on the DVR for them," Anna says. She stops in front of T.J. on her way out the kitchen. "I'm going to lay this one down in her crib. She's about to fall asleep."

The baby smiles, eyes heavy, and T.J. kisses her. "Night night, baby. Sleep tight."
If guys are interested in Uncharted or The Moon and More, just click on the links and you'll be taken to Goodreads.

***
 
Follow Friday is hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. The goal of this meme is to increase blog followers and make friends and we are all about both. For complete rules on how to participate, click here.

The Feature and Follow question this week is What is your preferred reading format? Hardcover, eBooks, paperback etc?

Michelle:
I like physical books (hardcover or paperback, it doesn't matter--whichever is cheaper is the one I'd buy and read) and e-books equally.
Leslie:
I prefer reading a hardcover book over a paperback--it feels better in my hands. No e-books for me. I've never read an e-book and I'm not planning to read one any time soon.

Thank you for stopping by our blog! Please follow us and if you get to us before we get to you, please leave a link to your blog so we can follow you back.
Follow on Bloglovin
OR via Google+ or Linky Followers or Networkblogs (see sidebar) 
Have a great weekend everyone and happy reading!

-Michelle & Leslie


P.S. We are using Disqus commenting for the first time with this post. Please let us know if there are any problems or if you cannot comment.

17 comments

  1. Good answers. Can't wait to read a Sarah Dessen book too :)

    Happy weekend!

    follower

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/06/feature-and-follow-54.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love paperbacks, especially hardcovers but since a couple of years I entered the ebook world - even if I do not like reading them as much as I love printed words. As I said in my answer is a necessity for being an Italian blogger, as not all authors are willing to send me a physical copy of their book.

    Happy reading!

    Following through Bloglovin!
    http://sarainbooklandblog.blogspot.it/2013/06/feature-and-follow-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually go for what's cheaper, too!


    And while I love eBooks it's nice to see holdouts!


    Followed you back on bloglovin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how your answers differ!

    thanks for stopping by my post!

    old follower :)



    Here's My FF

    Amber @Paradise of Pages

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aah, so jealous of Leslie, I want to read the Moon and More so bad, but haven't gotten around to it yet.
    Thanks for stopping by my FF. Followed back via bloglovi :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting! Never read an eBook? How do you manage?! That has to make a serious dent in your pocket lol.

    New Follower via Bloglovin'

    Nyx @ Unraveling Words

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to say the same thing about ebooks........then I got a Kindle. I'm not a full convert, but it is so convenient! Old follower :)

    Meredith

    Meredith’s Musings

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'll probably eventually cave... but not yet. thank you for following us back :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. it's pretty good! just that my AP Lit paper is a killer. thank you for following us back :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. yeah. i'm kinda anti-tech sometimes... thank you for following us back :)


    -leslie

    ReplyDelete
  11. i think these days e-ARCs are more common even for U.S. bloggers but i still prefer physical ARCs whenever possible. I make my sister read the e-ARCs since she likes e-books so much. Grazie for following us back :)


    -leslie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for stopping by my FF. Can't believe you've never read an eBook.

    New BlogLovin follower.

    Kaykay @ The
    Creative Forum


    Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree hardcovers just feel better to hold. Though sometimes they can be heavy to hold and carry around so that's when ebooks come in handy.
    Following back!
    Megan @ Books i View

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was like that Leslie - I said I would never read eBooks, but then there were all these books on Amazon that weren't available as printed books, so I caved. And now I love eBooks (but never as much as a physical copy!)


    Thanks for the follow - following back :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really, no eBooks? I read on there because it's so convenient!!

    Thanx for visiting my FF!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.