Sunday, June 9, 2013

Bookshelf Additions for June

Sunday, June 9, 2013 with
Dear friends,
I acquired a few new reads in the last week, which is always very, very exciting. New books are awesome!

I have two new e-books (both for review) on my Kindle from Bloomsbury through Netgalley--
Wild Cards by Simone Elkeles, Starry Nights by Daisy Whitney
I've read books by both Elkeles and Whitney in past and I really enjoyed them so I'm very happy that I got approved to download Wild Cards and Starry Nights. I'm especially excited to read Starry Nights because it's quite different from Whitney's previous books, The Mockingbirds and The Rivals.
And these are my new physical books--
Perfect Fling by Carly Phillips (for review), The Five Deaths of Roxanne Love by Erin Quinn (unsolicited), Heart of Obsidian by Nalini Singh (for review), For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund (bought)
I've already gushed about Heart of Obsidian a little bit here (I absolutely LOVE it and it's now one of my favorite books in the 12-book Psy-Changeling series). I'm going to be writing my full review of HoO later this month and it's gonna be a gushy one.

I'm also super excited for Perfect Fling because it's reminiscent of a Julie James novel (lawyer heroine!) and I think it's going to be a perfect romantic summer read. But since PF won't be out until July 30th, I will not be posting my review until July.

I haven't heard of Five Deaths of Roxanne Love (out August 27th) until it showed up on my door but it sounds interesting so I might pick it up if I have time. 

And I'm very eager to read For Darkness Shows the Stars because (1) I really enjoyed Peterfreund's Killer Unicorns series and I'm excited to read another of her novels and (2) it's a retelling of Jane Austen's Persuasion!

Let me know what you think of the books I got! I would love to see the new books you all got this week so please leave a link in the comments so I can stop by.

Happy reading,
Michelle

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.