Bookish Updates, Blogging Rut and Heart of Obsidian

Dear friends,
I LOVE summer! I love being at home with my family. I love not having to worry about writing papers and due dates. I love all the free time I have to do basically nothing except read and rearrange my bookshelf (which I did) and hang out with my sisters.

Leslie and I have also started volunteering at our public library starting last week and we (along with our youngest sister Aubrey) are participating in the summer reading program--it's awesome because our library has a SRP children, YA and adult this year and we call all participate together.
Us and our SRP lists.
And since it's summer and that means there's time for ALL the reading, blogging and vlogging I don't usually have time for during the school year, right?!

Wrong.

I am in a blogging rut. ARGHHH!!!! I'm feeling really unmotivated and starting a blog post feels like a huge chore. [This post is the first one I've been able to write for over a week--I think I just need to confess about the rut I am in and then I'll be okay.] I know I have reviews due but I just can't form a coherent paragraph and my thoughts are all in a jumble.

So, I've decided that I'm going to take the rest of this week off from writing reviews. Hopefully by next week I'm out of this blogging funk that I am in.

On the upside I am reading A LOT. I was reading two books but when Heart of Obsidian by Nalini Singh arrived in the mail, I put the other two on the side (for now) and am giving all of my attention to HoO. And trying to take my time reading it to savor the awesomeness rather than devour it. Because it is sooooo good! For fellow Psy-Changeling fans who haven't picked up HoO yet, it was worth the wait. The hero and heroine and their story are to die for!
I will have my review of HoO later this month. Expect a lot of gushing. 

So, yeah, that's a little bit about what's going on with us this summer. Leslie and I will be posting a bunch of reviews next week as well as other bookish posts (with lots of "beach read-approved" recommendations).

Happy reading,
Michelle

No comments

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.