Book Michelle Covets: The Distance Between Us by Kasie West

I haven't done one of these posts in so long because I haven't really found anything new to covet that I haven't already coveted before. But I have had my eye on this one for a while ever since I laid eyes on that cover.

I covet so much that I pre-ordered it.

book cover
Seventeen-year-old Caymen Meyers studies the rich like her own personal science experiment, and after years of observation she’s pretty sure they’re only good for one thing—spending money on useless stuff, like the porcelain dolls in her mother’s shop.

So when Xander Spence walks into the store to pick up a doll for his grandmother, it only takes one glance for Caymen to figure out he’s oozing rich. Despite his charming ways and that he’s one of the first people who actually gets her, she’s smart enough to know his interest won’t last. Because if there’s one thing she’s learned from her mother’s warnings, it’s that the rich have a short attention span. But Xander keeps coming around, despite her best efforts to scare him off. And much to her dismay, she's beginning to enjoy his company.

She knows her mom can’t find out—she wouldn’t approve. She’d much rather Caymen hang out with the local rocker who hasn’t been raised by money. But just when Xander’s attention and loyalty are about to convince Caymen that being rich isn’t a character flaw, she finds out that money is a much bigger part of their relationship than she’d ever realized. And that Xander’s not the only one she should’ve been worried about.
The Distance Between Us will be released on July 2, 2013 from HarperTeen. For more info and news about the novel, visit check out the author's website. Click on the cover to go to the book's Goodreads page.

What book(s) do you "covet" this week?
Leave a comment with a link so we can check your WoW of the week too.


"Books I Covet" is a weekly or bi-weekly blog post series we do here every Wednesday. It will feature books we are very excited about reading and plan on buying/borrowing in the near future. It is basically the "Waiting On" meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine, but we just like the title "books we covet" better. We will include the books' blurb, cover art, and/or release date if they're available. 


19 comments

  1. I think this sounds really good. I'll have to add it to my TBR list. Good pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had this one on my radar for a while and totally agree with you: this one is a rather special pick! I'm tempted to pre-order a copy myself....

    Oh, and is it just me or is that font bizarrely similar to that on the new Jennifer E. Smith book?

    Here's my WoW pick

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this one sounds so good. I've added it to my TBR list. At the rate I'm adding books I'll need to live five lives to read them all! Great pick!

    Here’s My WoW!

    Michelle :)
    Author, PODs available June 4th
    Milayna available March 11, 2014
    The Infected, a PODs novel available November 2014
    Visit me and learn how to win a signed copy of PODs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved her debut Pivot Point and can't wait to get my hands on this one. I featured it a few weeks ago, but it feels like I've been waiting forever! :) Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. After enjoying PIVOT POINT, we're definitely eager to read this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one looks great. Hope you get to read it soon!
    Brandi at Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw this book a few weeks ago on someones WoW post - it looks fantastic! :D Plus, that cover is absolutely gorgeous. ^.^ Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my WoW post. :)
    Happy Reading! :D

    -----
    Tiffa @ The British Book Nerd

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm really looking forward to this one too. I tend to be disappointed by contemporary YA but not this year. It's been a good year for it.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pick! I'm super excited for this one, as well. I really enjoyed Pivot Point and have serious cover-love for that cover.

    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. This one looks good and I really like the cover! Great pick.

    Kat
    www.katsbookbuzz.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been noticing this one...and it does look awesome! Enjoy...and thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, awesome pick! I absolutely love this cover...it's so pretty. Plus the synopsis sound awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved Pivot Point, so I'm looking forward to this too! Nice pick.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I covet this book too as well as the girl's outfit on the cover-love it! Pivot Point was so good so I fully expect this to be as well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the sound of this book, and the cover's lovely as well:) Great choice! Thanks for stopping by Books, Bones & Buffy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aw. I do love this cover :) Sounds amazing. I hope you will love it when it comes out :D
    Thank you for commenting on my WoW. <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice pick! I'm interested with this book too! The cover is awesome. I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That cover is gorgeous, hadn't heard of the book but it sounds great so it's now on the wishlist!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.