Tuesday, February 26, 2013

book cover Hardcover: 305 pages 
Publisher: Penguin
Release Date: October 16, 2008
ISBN: 9780525478183

Source of my copy: bought
Series: none
Synopsis (from Goodreads)
 

Quentin Jacobsen has spent a lifetime loving the magnificently adventurous Margo Roth Spiegelman from afar. So when she cracks open a window and climbs back into his life - dressed like a ninja and summoning him for an ingenious campaign of revenge - he follows.

After their all-nighter ends and a new day breaks, Q arrives at school to discover that Margo, always an enigma, has now become a mystery. But Q soon learns that there are clues - and they're for him. Urged down a disconnected path, the closer Q gets, the less Q sees the girl he thought he knew.


Leslie's Review:
I've been dying to read a book by John Green for the longest time, especially since I've heard so many great things about them and his writing, and my sister and I watch his and his brother's vlogbrothers videos on YouTube. So when I wanted to take a break from reading review books, I decided to read Green's Paper Towns since it was the only book we had by him available to me at the time. Since I had been reading so many rave reviews about Green's books I had very high expectations when I picked up Paper Towns and I'm happy to say that they were met.

Let me say first that the book grabbed my interest with its great plot, characters, and writing. Green's writing is so witty and intelligent; the characters, although somewhat cliche, were funny and awesome and were developed very well. The plot, though, was great in its own way. For the majority of the book, it seemed odd and weird to me because while it was interesting, but I couldn't get the full significance of the events besides that Quentin is getting closer and closer to finding Margo. Though, that could have been just me and my inability to "read between the lines," for when I finally reached THE part--the climax--and the meaning and theme of the story was literally spelled out to me, everything finally clicked together and my first thought was, "this is an amazing book."

I'm so happy I finally got to read a book by John Green. He really does deserve all the rave reviews. I really enjoyed Paper Towns, and I recommend it to anyone and everyone who hasn't read it yet. John Green really is a talented writer, and I am definitely going to read more by him soon.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed it! PAPER TOWNS was good, but we all think TFIOS was probably his best, so if you can get your hands on that one, we definitely recommend it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finished reading Paper Towns last week and my mind was blown. Def. my favorite book of his and a good choice for you first John Green experience.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.