Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Book We Covet: Reboot by Amy Tintera

Wednesday, February 13, 2013 with
Why we covet this book: As soon as we read the synopsis we knew we have to read Reboot--we just love the premise. Wren sounds like a scary heroine and we can't wait to meet her.

book cover
Five years ago, Wren Connolly was shot three times in the chest. After 178 minutes she came back as a Reboot: stronger, faster, able to heal, and less emotional. The longer Reboots are dead, the less human they are when they return. Wren 178 is the deadliest Reboot in the Republic of Texas. Now seventeen years old, she serves as a soldier for HARC (Human Advancement and Repopulation Corporation).

Wren’s favorite part of the job is training new Reboots, but her latest newbie is the worst she’s ever seen. As a 22, Callum Reyes is practically human. His reflexes are too slow, he’s always asking questions, and his ever-present smile is freaking her out. Yet there’s something about him she can’t ignore. When Callum refuses to follow an order, Wren is given one last chance to get him in line—or she’ll have to eliminate him. Wren has never disobeyed before and knows if she does, she’ll be eliminated, too. But she has also never felt as alive as she does around Callum.

The perfect soldier is done taking orders.
Reboot will be released on May 7, 2013 from HarperTeen. For more info and news about the novel, visit check out the author's website. Click on the cover to go to the book's Goodreads page.

What book(s) do you "covet" this week?
Leave a comment with a link so we can check your WoW of the week too.


"Books I Covet" is a weekly or bi-weekly blog post series we do here every Wednesday. It will feature books we are very excited about reading and plan on buying/borrowing in the near future. It is basically the "Waiting On" meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine, but we just like the title "books we covet" better. We will include the books' blurb, cover art, and/or release date if they're available. 

15 comments:

  1. I have had this book as my WoW pick some weeks ago. I think it sounds awesome and I even already pre-ordered it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't heard of this one before. It sounds really good. I'm adding to my TBR list right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my WoW.

    Omg this looks interesting! Quite a few dystopias/sci-fis coming out this year. Gonna keep my eye out for Reboot

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reboot is one I can't wait to read as well, it sounds sooooo good!!

    Thanks for stopping by
    My WoW and sharing yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven't heard of this one, but it sounds awesome! I love sci-fi so I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy this too. Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the cover and we are definitely intrigued by the premise!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fascinating. I can't wait to hear more about this one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree that Reboot sounds AWESOME!! I hope Wren is super kick ass. Also I love the cover. It's kind of simple but it totally works!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't heard of this one, but it definitely sounds interesting! Great pick :)

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks very interesting. I'm definitely checking this one out! Thanks for sharing and for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think this one sounds so amazing-love the action and intensity it's promising.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I already have Reboot on my 'waiting-to-be-published list. Great pick! :)
    Thanks for stopping by my WOW.
    Dragana @ Bookworm Dreams

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.