Book We Covet: After Eden (After Eden #1) by Helen Douglas

Why we covet this book: Even though there's a lot of sci-fi young adult novels, we haven't really found one that we really like. It sounds like After Eden has different take on time travel and we want to give it a try.

book cover
Eden Anfield loves puzzles, so when mysterious new boy Ryan Westland shows up at her school she's hooked. On the face of it, he's a typical American teenager. So why doesn't he recognise pizza? And how come he hasn't heard of Hitler? What puzzles Eden the most, however, is the interest he's taking in her.

As Eden starts to fall in love with Ryan, she begins to unravel his secret. Her breakthrough comes one rainy afternoon when she stumbles across a book in Ryan's bedroom - a biography of her best friend - written over fifty years in the future. Confronting Ryan, she discovers that he is there with one unbelievably important purpose ... and she might just have destroyed his only chance of success.
After Eden will be released on July 4, 2013 from Bloomsbury. For more info and news about the novel, visit check out the author's website. Click on the cover to go to the book's Goodreads page.

What book(s) do you "covet" this week?
Leave a comment with a link so we can check your WoW of the week too.


"Books I Covet" is a weekly or bi-weekly blog post series I am going to be doing here. It will feature books I am very excited about reading and plan on buying/borrowing in the near future. It is similar to the "Waiting On" meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine. However, some of the books may already be published and others may still be in pre-order. I will include the books' blurb, cover art, and/or release date if they're available. Click on the WoW image on the left to join in!

11 comments

  1. I'm such a fan of fancy book covers and I'm totally smitten by this one ;) it looks awesome! sounds really great too! awesome pick!

    Waiting on Wednesday

    ~Jay
    We Fancy Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just added this to my TBR list! It sounds awesome! <3

    Here's my WoW :D

    - Kazhy @ My Library in the Making

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn't heard of this book before, but it sounds really good. I'll have to get my hands on it when it comes out. Great pick!
    Em @ A Beautiful Madness
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the name Ryan! :) I'm not a fan of the cover, but the blurb sounds okay.

    WoW Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goodness that does sounds like an interesting book. Great pick and Happy Reading! Here is my WoW for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one sounds very good! Thanks so much for stepping by and sharing, this will go onto my tbr!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh aliens possibly?? If he was just from the future, he would know about pizza and Hitler...now I'm hooked!

    My WoW this week is Fragments by Dan Wells!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't heard much about this one.
    Hope you get to read it soon!
    Brandi @ Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Utterly Lovely choice for this "Waiting on Wednesday" post :) It looks awesome!

    Waiting on Wednesday @ the Brunette Librarian

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds oretty amazing!! I can't wait to find out what Ryan's story is. Thanks for sharing this one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.