As part of the Things I Can't Forget blog tour, Miranda Kenneally is back on this here blog!
Companion to Catching Jordan and Stealing Parker.
Kate has always been the good girl. Too good, according to some people at school—although they have no idea the guilty secret she carries. But this summer, everything is different…
This summer she’s a counselor at Cumberland Creek summer camp, and she wants to put the past behind her. This summer Matt is back as a counselor too. He’s the first guy she ever kissed, and he’s gone from a geeky songwriter who loved The Hardy Boys to a buff lifeguard who loves to flirt…with her.
Kate used to think the world was black and white, right and wrong. Turns out, life isn’t that easy…
I posted my review of Things I Can't Forget earlier today--check it out here.
Today, Miranda will share ten things about ten upcoming characters from Things I Can't Forget and Racing Savannah (book #4 in the Hundred Oaks companion novels and will be out in December).
1. Kate Kelly: Kate is the heroine of Things I Can't Forget. Kate is 18, a recent high school graduate, and she’s working as the arts and crafts director at a summer camp, where she meets up with Matt Brown, the boy who gave her her first kiss.
2. Matt Brown: Matt is the love interest in Things I Can't Forget. Matt is 20, in a fraternity, and plays the guitar. He’s also training to run a marathon barefoot! He’s getting over a bad breakup with his ex-girlfriend when he meets Kate. Is Kate really the girl for him, or will dating again just lead to more heartbreak?
3. Emily Mansfield: Emily is Kate’s former best friend. They got into a fight after high school, and without her, Kate doesn’t know who she is anymore.
4. Ian Hot Boy With No Last Name: In Things I Can't Forget, Ian is the wild crazy guy who cracks me up. He likes to fool around with his girlfriend in inappropriate places and refers to many people as “douches,” but he has a big heart and a soft side. I never gave him a last name, but I love him. Ha!
5. Parker Shelton: In Stealing Parker, Parker doesn’t have many girlfriends. In Things I Can't Forget, she doesn’t get along with Kate at first, but as they get to know each other, is there a chance for a real friendship?
6. Savannah Barrow: Savannah is the heroine of Racing Savannah. She’s 17, a senior in high school, and she works at a high-stakes horse farm, doing everything from hauling hay to shoveling manure to mopping floors. She’s been living in the servants’ quarters all her life, but she wants nothing more than to become an exercise rider and work with the horses that compete in big races like the Kentucky Derby.
7. Jack Goodwin: Jack is the farm owner’s sexy son. Jack is being groomed to take over the farm one day, so his father makes him manage the estate and staff. Even though he’s attracted to Savannah, Jack knows he won’t be considered a responsible, gentlemanly farm owner if he goes after a member of his staff.
8. Marcus Winchester: Marcus is the villain of Racing Savannah. Marcus is a rival farm owner’s son, and he has a past history with Savannah, which doesn’t make Jack too happy.
9. Rory Whitfield: Rory works on the horse farm in Racing Savannah. He’s the younger brother of Will Whitfield (Corndog!) from Stealing Parker. Rory lives next door to Jack and Savannah and he’s Savannah’s closest friend. Rory is in the drama club and wants to sell a screenplay to Hollywood.
10. Vanessa Green: Vanessa is the younger sister of Ty Green, the love interest from Catching Jordan. Vanessa has a thing for Rory Whitfield… and is rather shocked that Rory has Star Wars sheets and sleeps with a Chewbacca stuffed animal.