Michelle's Favorite Reads of 2012

Hello fellow bookaholics!

I hope you all had a fabulous New Year! I am now going to share my favorite reads of 2012.

I read a total of 70 books in 2012. Unfortunately, I read 15 less than what I read in 2011 but I am happy with the number since 2012 was a crazy year. I had to juggle grad school, working part-time at two libraries, being a resident advisor (RA) at my university's student housing and then dealing with... everything else in life.

From the 70 books I read, 39 were romance novels, 26 were YA (8 were debut novels) and 5 non-YA/non-romance.

Favorite YA of 2012
bookcoverSeraphina by Rachel Hartman
Seraphina made me fall in love with fantasy all over again. I loved it so much, that it was impossible for me to write a review for it (although I did try, I just couldn't express how excellent it was). However, whenever someone asked me for a book recommendation Seraphina is one I always mention.

Seraphina is also my favorite YA debut of 2012.





Favorite General Fiction of 2012
bookcoverOn the Island by Tracey Garvis Graves
On the Island was one of those books I almost did not pick up--a older woman and younger man with a 14-year difference between them fall in love while stuck on a deserted island for many years? It's not going to work, I thought.

How very wrong I was!

On the Island blew my socks off. It was an amazing read and I had a hard time putting it down. I pretty much devoured the entire novel in one sitting.


Favorite Romance Novel of 2012
bookcoverAll Jacked Up by Lorelei James
It was hard picking my favorite romance read of 2012 but I have to give it to All Jacked Up. It was not published in 2012 but it started my love for extra steamy reads featuring hot cowboys.

If you like your romance extra steamy but has a solid plot and very emotional with heroes and heroines you will grow to love, I recommend you check out Lorelei James's Rough Riders and Blacktop Cowboys series.




If you're interested, view ALL the books I've read here. Look out for Leslie's favorite reads of 2012 post tomorrow.

Happy reading,
Michelle

4 comments

  1. Oh, we've been hearing so many good things about SERAPHINA. And we've been on the fence about ON THE ISLAND, but it sounds like Kristan or Ingrid might enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seraphina was my second favorite read of the year-such a great fantasy and I believe we'll be getting a second book too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Seraphina too. When I was in grad school I had very little time for pleasure reading too. I am impressed that you read as much as you did with your class work as well as two jobs and being an RA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did like On the Island! I listened to it and I think one day while I'm on a summer vacation I want to read it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.