Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Why we covet this book: We are both suckers for romantic contemporary YA and The Book of Broken Hearts sounds like it fits the bill.

book cover
When all signs point to heartbreak, can love still be a rule of the road? A poignant and romantic novel from the author of Bittersweet and Twenty Boy Summer.

Jude has learned a lot from her older sisters, but the most important thing is this: The Vargas brothers are notorious heartbreakers. She’s seen the tears and disasters that dating a Vargas boy can cause, and she swore an oath—with candles and a contract and everything—to never have anything to do with one.

Now Jude is the only sister still living at home, and she’s spending the summer helping her ailing father restore his vintage motorcycle—which means hiring a mechanic to help out. Is it Jude’s fault he happens to be cute? And surprisingly sweet? And a Vargas?

Jude tells herself it’s strictly bike business with Emilio. Her sisters will never find out, and Jude can spot those flirty little Vargas tricks a mile away—no way would she fall for them. But Jude’s defenses are crumbling, and if history is destined to repeat itself, she’s speeding toward some serious heartbreak…unless her sisters were wrong?

Jude may have taken an oath, but she’s beginning to think that when it comes to love, some promises might be worth breaking.
The Book of Broken Hearts will be released on May 21, 2013 from Simon Pulse. For more info and news about the novel, visit check out the author's website. Click on the cover to go to the book's Goodreads page.

What book(s) do you "covet" this week?
Leave a comment with a link so we can check your WoW of the week too.


"Books I Covet" is a weekly or bi-weekly blog post series I am going to be doing here. It will feature books I am very excited about reading and plan on buying/borrowing in the near future. It is similar to the "Waiting On" meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine. However, some of the books may already be published and others may still be in pre-order. I will include the books' blurb, cover art, and/or release date if they're available. Click on the WoW image on the left to join in!

16 comments:

  1. Sounds like a really cute story...I've been wanting to read something by this author!

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Twenty Boy Summer and I'm looking forward to this one too. The cover is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually haven't read anything by Sarah Ockler, but I do own Bittersweet...trying to make time for it. :) I really like the sound of this one, though! Great pick! Thanks for stopping by my WoW. Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to read that one too.

    New follower!

    My WOW - http://bookbloggermom.blogspot.com/2013/01/waiting-on-wednesday-22.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! I'm definitely excited about this one too! I actually had it up as my WoW a while back. Sounds GREAT, and I just adore the cover! Great pick and thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just saw this one only yesterday on goodreads. Nice pick!

    old follower
    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2013/01/waiting-on-wednesday-32.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool. Off subject, I love that Jude is becoming a girls name.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks great.
    Hope you get to read it soon!
    Brandi @ Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. As others have said, we really enjoyed TWENTY BOY SUMMER, so we're excited to see what other magic Ockler has up her sleeve!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds good. A bad boy mechanic? Yes please :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the idea of the Vargas being a mechanic. Good to have someone fix your stuff :D This books looks promising.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can'r wait to read this one too, it sounds amazing and I love YA contemporary romance.

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome pick!!! I chose the same book for my WoW this week!!! Great minds think alike!! :)

    My WoW

    -Brittani :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm waiting for this one too-love Ockler's writing and eager for some more great YA contemp!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great pick! My first time hearing about the book. Thanks for sharing and stopping by my wow!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ah, I WANT! I'm really excited about it and I'm dying to read it. It sounds amazing. Great pick! Enjoy reading it!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.