We got new books! (17)

Happy November everyone! Umm... this is going to be a long post since this is 2 weeks' worth of books. We'll start with the YA books I got:
Shadowfell by Juliet Marillier (review)
<<I was supposed to review Shadowfell for Halloween but alas it arrived too late. >>
Prodigy (Legend #2) by Marie Lu (review)
<<I admit I did a crazy happy dance when I got Prodigy. I'll be reviewing it at the end of this month and we'll be giving away a Legend prize pack too.>>

I also won a copy of Catching Jordan, Stealing Parker and Dear Teen Me from Miranda Kenneally's Twitter giveaway a few weeks back. She also included some surprise swag. I reviewed an e-ARC of Stealing Parker so I was happy to get a hardcopy. All the books are signed too. Yay!

Haven of Obedience by Marina Anderson (unsolicited)
<<I have not read Fifty Shade (and I don't plan to) and I've never heard of Haven--it does not appeal to me so I'll be passing it on to my public library.>>
Where Angels Rest by Kate Brady (unsolicited)
Double Danger (A-Tac #6) by Dee Davis (unsolicited)
<<I am following Davis's A-Tac series so I am very excited to get Double Danger.>>

I got a 30% off coupon from B&N. I went to the store planning to buy either a YA or a romance novel but it was like all their titles they had I already have or they don't appeal to me at all. I ended up getting Mindy Kaling's book. First non-YA/romance book I bought in years!

Here's what Leslie got back home:
What Happens Next by Colleen Clayton (review)
<<The reviews for What Happens Next have been excellent.>>
Level 2 by Lenore Applehans (won)
<<OMG!! Level 2!! **happy dance**>>
An Heiress at Heart by Jennifer Delamere (review)

 Did YOU get any new books? Let us know! We'd love to see your new bookshelf additions.

22 comments

  1. OMG! I love your books! I'm insanely jealous of Prodigy.. seriously. I loved Legend to bits and pieces! I have preordered my copy of Prodigy and can't wait to read it! And I'm dying to read Catching Jordan. Everyone seems to love it! I need to get with it and buy a copy! And finally, Level 2. That book sounds amazing! I hope it's really good. :)

    My Stacking the Shelves - My First Physical ARCs Edition

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to read Mindy's book! She is so hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still haven't read Legend and I need to. I've heard it is fantastic! That is exciting that you got the sequel :) I have Shadowfell checked out from my library but haven't read it yet. Hopefully soon...

    What Happens Next sounds really promising. I hadn't heard of it before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. THAT is a lot of books. You have so many great ones there- I can't wait to read Level 2 but on the adult side of books, I hear Kaling's memoir is laugh out loud hilarious. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo quite a haul! Mindy Kaling's book is really fun and smart, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great haul! You really stocked up this week. :) Thanks for stopping by our blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so, so awesome that you got Prodigy! I really want to read Shadowfell, too. Happy reading!

    Our Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is an awesome haul! I am jealous of Prodigy because of how much I loved Legend-I hope it's as good or hopefully better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, lots of great reads here! I am curious about Shadowfell... and I have yet to read Legend!
    Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So jealous of your haul. Would love to receive Level 2. happy reading :)

    old follower
    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2012/11/stacking-shelves-21.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a great collection of books. The Dee Davis book looks like one I'd enjoy, I'll have to look up the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice book haul this week! I am especially jealous of Prodigy and What Happens Next the reviews for both of those have been amazing.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Level 2 sounds great as well as nonfic read.
    Happy reading and have a great week!
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. My friend just reviewed Shadowfell and it sounds SO good. And I really love Marie Lu's Legend. Hope you enjoy your new reads this week! And good call not wanting to read FSOG, I sure wish I hadn't. It was possibly the worst book I've ever read in my life. I'll never get those 5 hours of my life back. :/

    - Ezzy

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fantastic haul! I LOVED Shadowfell - I hope you love it too. And PRODIGY!! Lucky!!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog this weekend!
    Ems

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really enjoyed Shadowfell. I couldn't even get past the first two chapters of Fifty, and it's funny because I actually tried to read it twice, and both times I finished at the same page! Enjoy your books *new follower*

    ReplyDelete
  17. You got a lot of great books this week. I got Catching Jordan this week on my Kindle. I can't wait to read it!
    -Kristin @ Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow awesome week! I am looking forward to reading Level 2! I hope you enjoy all your books!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm so jealous of Prodigy! Great book haul!

    Thanks for stopping by Book Sojourner :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Not sure why I haven't read Legend yet! It looks so good! Cool that you got a copy of Prodigy! Very excited for Level 2, too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ooh, some interesting looking books! I like the cover for Shadowfell, I'll have to find out more about it sometime.
    I read 'Where Angels Rest' a couple of weeks ago, and quite liked it. There's a sweet romance running through the creepy crime story. It was a nice break from what I've been reading recently. I also have 'An Heiress At Heart' sitting in my tbr pile - have you read it yet? What did you think?
    My post about books received is here.

    ~Ailsa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.