Michelle Covets: The Rules by Stacey Kade

Why I covet this book: I LOOVE Stacey's Ghost and the Goth series and I am so excited to read more books written by her.

The Rules sounds really good too. And check out the cover--the girl's eyes are super freaky.

book cover
1. Never trust anyone.

2. Remember they are always searching.

3. Don’t get involved.

4. Keep your head down.

5. Don’t fall in love.

Five simple rules. Ariane Tucker has followed them since the night she escaped from the genetics lab where she was created, the result of combining human and extraterrestrial DNA. Ariane’s survival—and that of her adoptive father—depends on her ability to blend in among the full-blooded humans in a small Wisconsin town, to hide in plain sight at her high school from those who seek to recover their lost (and expensive) “project.”

But when a cruel prank at school goes awry, it puts her in the path of Zane Bradshaw, the police chief’s son and someone who sees too much. Someone who really sees her. After years of trying to be invisible, Ariane finds the attention frightening—and utterly intoxicating. Suddenly, nothing is simple anymore, especially not the rules…
The Rules (Project Paper Doll #1) comes out on April 23, 2013 from Disney-Hyperion. For more info and news about the novel, visit check out the author's website. Click on the cover to go to the book's Goodreads page.

What book(s) do you "covet" this week?
Leave a comment with a link so we can check your WoW of the week too.


"Books I Covet" is a weekly or bi-weekly blog post series I am going to be doing here. It will feature books I am very excited about reading and plan on buying/borrowing in the near future. It is similar to the "Waiting On" meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine. However, some of the books may already be published and others may still be in pre-order. I will include the books' blurb, cover art, and/or release date if they're available. Click on the WoW image on the left to join in!

11 comments

  1. I am so excited for this one. April is sooo far away. Great pick.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to read this too! I love that the series is called Project Paper Doll-really grabs my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very curious about this one! It sounds very intense!! Great pick =)

    Our WoW for the week =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, interesting choice! Thanks for the share!

    -Tiff @ MostlyYALit
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds good. It never bodes well when you're not suppose to fall in love ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm very intrigued by that summary! I'll be adding that to my to-read list; thanks for sharing!

    Here's my WoW

    -Megan @ BooksiView

    ReplyDelete
  7. I already have The Rules on my to-read list and I can't wait to get my hands on it when it comes out. It sounds amazing. I hope you enjoy it when it comes out!
    Come check out my WoW post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hadn't heard of this one before so thank you so much for selecting it! Thanks for sharing. ^.^ If you would like to check out my Waiting On Wednesday you can do so here. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.