FYI: Exciting Bookish Events

Happy Friday bookish friends!

Exciting bookish events are coming up! And in case you guys don't know about them, I'm going to tell you about them.

First off, (this one you all probably participate in every year--I know I do) is the Goodreads Choice Awards 2012! There will be 20 categories this year and the three I really look forward to are the YA (Young Adult Fiction, Young Adult Fantasy & Science Fiction), fiction and romance categories. The opening round starts on Tuesday, October 30 where you can write-in votes if your favorites are not in the nominees.

I am really hoping Seraphina will be one of the nominees--no, I know it will be one of the nominees in the YA Fantasy & Science Fiction and it has an excellent chance of winning (it's a excellent book!). The other YA novel that I think will be on the list for sure is Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo.
For fiction, I really hope The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey and Shine, Shine, Shine by Lydia Netzer will be nominated. As for romance, I really want to see Scorched by Laura Griffin nominated (I read it recently and loved it but it won't be released until next week Tuesday) but I'm 100% sure About That Night by Julie James will be one of the romance nominees.

The other event coming up is a Shindig online event happening this weekend--on Sunday, October 28th at 2:00 PM EST to be exact: Christopher Paolini, Stefan Bachmann (The Peculiars) and Rachel Hartman (see left) will all be talking their books and what inspires them and they'll be taking questions from readers.

I highlighted Rachel Hartman because her debut novel Seraphina is one of my favorite reads this year! I haven't read the other two authors but I've definitely heard of Paolini and his Inheritance series. I've already RSVP'd to the event and if you haven't, you can do that here: http://www.shindig.com/event/fantastical

What are your Goodreads Choice Awards picks? If you're going to the Shindig event, I will "see" you there! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend filled with gripping reads.

<3, Michelle

P.S. Don't forget to enter our giveaways (see sidebar). There's low entries, so you all have a very good chance of winning! :)

2 comments

  1. SERAPHINA and SHADOW AND BONE definitely deserve to at least be nominated. They were both excellent fantasies. I think THE RAVEN BOYS and EVERY DAY will also be nominated, and hopefully THE EVOLUTION OF MARA DYER too, because it was a fantastic sequel. Thanks for letting me about the GR awards--didn't realize they were coming up so soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read Seraphina yet but I have the audio book that I just haven't gotten to yet. But I definitely have read Shadow and Bone! So good! Awesome post :)

    Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.