Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Why we covet this book: We both read and liked The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight and we'd love to read more by the author.

Plus, this book is like a mash up of two of our favorite movies: of You've Got Mail and Sleepless in Seattle!

book cover
If fate sent you an email, would you answer?

In
This is What Happy Looks Like, Jennifer E. Smith's new YA novel, perfect strangers Graham Larkin and Ellie O'Neill meet—albeit virtually—when Graham accidentally sends Ellie an email about his pet pig, Wilbur. In the tradition of romantic movies like You've Got Mail and Sleepless in Seattle, the two 17-year-olds strike up an email relationship, even though they live on opposite sides of the country and don't even know each other's first names.

Through a series of funny and poignant messages, Graham and Ellie make a true connection, sharing intimate details about their lives, hopes and fears. But they don't tell each other everything; Graham doesn't know the major secret hidden in Ellie's family tree, and Ellie is innocently unaware that Graham is actually a world-famous teen actor living in Los Angeles.

When the location for the shoot of Graham's new film falls through, he sees an opportunity to take their relationship from online to in-person, managing to get the production relocated to picturesque Henley, Maine, where Ellie lives. But can a star as famous as Graham have a real relationship with an ordinary girl like Ellie? And why does Ellie's mom want her to avoid the media's spotlight at all costs?

Just as they did in
The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight, the hands of fate intervene in wondrous ways in this YA novel that delivers on high concept romance in lush and thoughtful prose.
This is What Happy Looks Like comes on April 2, 2013 from Poppy. For more info and news about the novel, visit check out the author's website. Click on the cover to go to the book's Goodreads page.

What book(s) do you "covet" this week?
Leave a comment with a link so we can check your WoW of the week too.


"Books I Covet" is a weekly or bi-weekly blog post series I am going to be doing here. It will feature books I am very excited about reading and plan on buying/borrowing in the near future. It is similar to the "Waiting On" meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine. However, some of the books may already be published and others may still be in pre-order. I will include the books' blurb, cover art, and/or release date if they're available. Click on the WoW image on the left to join in!

26 comments:

  1. I think this sounds like a cute story-something that would be a great movie. I loved You've Got Mail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to reading this also. It sounds really good! Thanks for sharing.
    Waiting For Wentworth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a lovely story! I've never heard of it before, but I'll definitly have to check it out!


    and HECK YEAH I've seen the BC trailer! I saw it the second it came out :D I'm having mixed emotions towards it... but I'm hoping it turns out great, for the sake of the amazing books.

    Rola @ xo'reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my sister's main gripe about the trailer is that the guy actor who plays ethan looks old and not cute lol

      Delete
  4. Oh this looks fun and cute! I'll be looking for your review once it's released! Thanks for sharing :)

    New GFC follower ♥

    Here's my WoW post

    Micheline @ Lunar Rainbows

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds really sweet and romantic. I'm adding it to my wishlist. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aah! That sounds sooo good! :D Totally going to my tbr! :D
    Thanks for stopping by my WoW!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pick. I really need to read Jennifer E. Smiths books. They sound awesome :) Thanks for stopping by my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww! This is definitely a type of book I would like... Though I am betraying my blog title by saying that I judged the cover with this book. :P

    Thanks for stopping by my blog....

    Emma @ Never Judge a Book by its Covers

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait for this one. It sounds so awesome! How could you not want to read a book that's described as a mix between You've Got Mail and Sleepless in Seattle!

    Great choice. :]
    Thanks for stopping by My WoW!

    -Kait @ YA Vixens

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so excited for this book too. It looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I still need to read probablity! hope you get to read this one soon.
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome pick! I'm definitely looking forward to this book, especially since I absolutely adored Statistical Probability!

    My WoW

    -Brittani

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have yet to read her first long-titled book, but this one also looks totally awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can't wait for this one. I love Statistical Probability and I can't wait for more from Jennifer E. Smith
    Em @ A Beautiful Madness
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't heard of this one, but it looks like a lovely story.

    Thanks for stopping by.

    Sabina
    Delirious About Books
    My Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome pick!

    old follower
    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2012/09/waiting-on-wednesday-15.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so excited for this one!!! I jut loved Statistical Probability and this looks just as cute!! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This book sounds really cute.

    Christina @ Ensconced in YA
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love Jennifer Smith and I cannot wait for this one either!! Great pick!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I loved TSPOLAFS, so I'm definitely going to pick this one. I'm not a fan of that cover though. Thanks for dropping by.

    ------
    Giselle from Book Nerd Canada
    Waiting on Wednesday #40

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really want to read this one, too! Statistical Probability was great and I love books that use email/messaging in some ways. Also love the fame aspect that's a part of it.

    Great pick - and thanks for visiting my post :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is one that could be nice and sweet - totally what I don't normally read, lol! I will wait to see what you think of if before I make my mind up to read it. New Follower! Thanks for checking out my WoW and if you are so inclined, please follow back!
    Krista @ Breathe In BooKs

    ReplyDelete
  23. This sounds so cute and I loved her other book, The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight (geesh I hate spelling that out -lol)! Great pick! :)

    Thanks for stopping by my WOW! Sorry for responding so late.

    ~Sara @ Forever 17 Books

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.