Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Book We Covet: Let the Sky Fall by Shannon Messenger

Wednesday, September 5, 2012 with
Why we covet this book: Once again we were initially interested in this book because of its cover. But after reading the synopsis, we're already in love with this novel!

Read it (if you haven't already) and fall in love yourself.

book cover
Seventeen-year-old Vane Weston has no idea how he survived the category five tornado that killed his parents. And he has no idea if the beautiful, dark-haired girl who’s swept through his dreams every night since the storm is real. But he hopes she is.

Seventeen-year-old Audra is a sylph, an air elemental. She walks on the wind, can translate its alluring songs, and can even coax it into a weapon with a simple string of commands. She’s also a guardian—Vane’s guardian—and has sworn an oath to protect Vane at all costs. Even if it means sacrificing her own life.

When a hasty mistake reveals their location to the enemy who murdered both of their families, Audra’s forced to help Vane remember who he is. He has a power to claim—the secret language of the West Wind, which only he can understand. But unlocking his heritage will also unlock the memory Audra needs him to forget. And their greatest danger is not the warriors coming to destroy them—but the forbidden romance that’s grown between them.
Let the Sky Fall comes on March 5, 2012 from Simon Pulse. For more info and news about the novel, visit check out the author's blog. Click on the cover to go to the book's Goodreads page.

What book(s) do you "covet" this week?
Leave a comment with a link so we can check your WoW of the week too.


"Books I Covet" is a weekly or bi-weekly blog post series I am going to be doing here. It will feature books I am very excited about reading and plan on buying/borrowing in the near future. It is similar to the "Waiting On" meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine. However, some of the books may already be published and others may still be in pre-order. I will include the books' blurb, cover art, and/or release date if they're available. Click on the WoW image on the left to join in!

22 comments:

  1. Great pick, I'm also looking forward to it! :)
    Thanks for stopping by at my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my WoW.
    I agree that Let the Sky Fall has a gorgeous cover. The blurb draws me in further. Totally on the top of my TBR wishlist. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pick! This sounds really interesting.
    Thanks for stopping by my WoW

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let the Sky Fall sounds amazing! And I've seen a lot of good buzz for it, too. Great pick! Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my WoW post. Happy Wednesday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This cover is so pretty! On the plus side the synopsis also sounds amazing! Great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! I'm really looking forward to this too. I love the cover and this the book sounds great. Brilliant pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We're totally coveting this too! Also THE DIVINERS by Libba Bray.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This one's on my wishlist ever since I spotted it while browsing through GR. The cover is captivating and the synopsis is really a winner. So excited for this one! :D Thanks for stopping by my WoW

    --Sarah @ Smitten over Books

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a great book. I have to add it to my TBR list!

    Mary
    http://sweepingme.com/2012/09/waiting-on-wednesday-18/

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds like a cool book.

    My WOW - http://bookbloggermom.blogspot.com/2012/09/waiting-on-wednesday-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I recently added this book to my tbr and I can't wait to get my hands on it! :D
    Great pick!
    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw, thank you so much for featuring LET THE SKY FALL. *blush*

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm excited about this one too-love the idea of sylphs-I've never read a story with them before!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know right! Can't wait for this one - love Shannon!

    - Jessica @ Book Sake

    ReplyDelete
  15. Eeeeeeep OMG I am SO excited for Let the Sky Fall!!! It looks AMAZING! Awesome pick, I totally can't wait for this one either!

    Anna @ Literary Exploration
    My Wow

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have this one in my TBR list too! Who can resist that cover, right?

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just fell in love with it! :) Looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.