Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Book We Covet: Altered by Jennifer Rush

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 with
Why we covet this book: (1) The awesome synopsis. (2) It sounds like an exciting, action-packed read. (3) The romance (**crossing fingers it does not become a love triangle**).

book cover
A story that starts with a girl and a boy. A girl who loves a boy so much , she'll risk anything for him. And a boy who knows only one thing--- kill anyone who stands in his way.

When you can’t trust yourself, who can you believe?

Everything about Anna’s life is a secret. Her father works for the Branch at the helm of its latest project: monitoring and administering treatments to the four genetically altered boys in the lab below their farmhouse. There’s Nick, Cas, Trev . . . and Sam, who’s stolen Anna’s heart. When the Branch decides it’s time to take the boys, Sam stages an escape, killing the agents sent to retrieve them.

Anna is torn between following Sam or staying behind in the safety of her everyday life. But her father pushes her to flee, making Sam promise to keep her away from the Branch, at all costs. There’s just one problem. Sam and the boys don’t remember anything before living in the lab—not even their true identities.

Now on the run, Anna soon discovers that she and Sam are connected in more ways than either of them expected. And if they’re both going to survive, they must piece together the clues of their past before the Branch catches up to them and steals it all away.
Altered (Altered #1) comes on January 2, 2013 from Little, Brown for Young Readers. For more info and news about the novel, visit check out the author's blog. Click on the cover to go to the book's Goodreads page.

What book(s) do you "covet" this week?
Leave a comment with a link so we can check your WoW of the week too.


"Books I Covet" is a weekly or bi-weekly blog post series I am going to be doing here. It will feature books I am very excited about reading and plan on buying/borrowing in the near future. It is similar to the "Waiting On" meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine. However, some of the books may already be published and others may still be in pre-order. I will include the books' blurb, cover art, and/or release date if they're available. Click on the WoW image on the left to join in!

28 comments:

  1. ooo love the cover! sounds great :) Thanks for stoppin' by my WoW

    Happy Reading :)

    Keely @ Realms of an Open Mind

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds really good! The premise reminds me a little of Origin which I also want to read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pick! I've just started hearing about this book!
    My WoW - WoW

    New Follower :)
    Aditi
    That Readioactive Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds really good. The cover looks fantastic too :) Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    I'm a new follower <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That's the only thing I can say! This summary sounds so good and I'll look forward to this one as well!
    Great pick!

    Thanks for stopping by
    Tanja @Ja čitam, a ti?

    PS. Now I realized I haven't followed you before! Mea culpa...now you've got new follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm super excited about this one! Sexy cover and romance and boys on the run solving a mystery! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds amazingg!! Really excited for this book! Great pick and thanks for stopping by!!
    - Farah @ MajiBookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have this one on my to-read list. It sounds amazing. Great pick!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOoh nice!! Seeing this one around! Love the cover! ;)

    Thanks for visiting my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Altered is one I'm definitely Waiting on and that cover is simple beautiful.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never read anything by Jennifer Rush, even though I've marked quite a few of her books on my TBR. They all sound great, including this one! I love books where the characters have to run from organizations ;)

    Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my blog earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't heard of that book. I'm a new GFC follower.

    Here's my WoW - http://bookbloggermom.blogspot.com/2012/09/waiting-on-wednesday-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. He's a cutie. A tattoo like this would be so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the cover, and the book sounds interesting?

    Here's my WoW.
    Ashley
    #BookNerd

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this cover! Sounds like a great read.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! This book sounds really exciting. Plus the cover is just awesome. I gotta have this book on my shelf! Great pick!
    Thanks for stopping by
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, Altered sounds amazing, and intense. I will have to add it to my TBR list. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This book has been on my wishlist or quite a while now, I love the sound of the plot and I really like the cover too, great pick, thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooooh! This does sound like something I would like to read! Thanks so much for spotlighting it today. Please check out my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  20. New follower! Great WoW! Come visit mine!... :D

    Michelle @ My WoW! :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great choice! I'll definitely be getting this one when it comes out :)
    Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  22. OMG this sounds amazing! Added it to my to be read list! :D

    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ooh this sounds most intriguing. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

    Taking it One Page at a Time

    ReplyDelete
  24. This sounds awesome! I'm putting it on my TBR list! Thanks for introducing me!!!
    And thanks for stopping by My WOW!
    =D

    ReplyDelete
  25. I can't wait to read this one either!!! :D It sounds amazing! And that cover is gorgeous! Great pick this week! :D

    My WoW post! 

    ~ Maida @ Literary Love Affair

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm crossing my fingers for the non-love-triangle too!

    - Jessica @ Book Sake

    ReplyDelete
  27. You're so right about the love triangle thing. It's too much, you know.
    Nice pick! I'd love a good love story as well. And this is the first time I came across this.
    Thanks for droppin by my WoW!
    Michelle Shouts Random
    New follower. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.