Wednesday, August 8, 2012

I am in the middle of resident advisor training and Leslie just started her second week of school so we haven't been really participating in our usual meme but I just gotta feature this novel. I just love the sound of it!

Why Michelle covets this book: I love the sound of everything about this book. Seriously.

The cover is beautiful. I like it a lot, even though it doesn't really match the synopsis.

book cover
London, 1894. Juliet Moreau has built a life for herself—working as a maid, attending church on Sundays, and trying not to think about the scandal that ruined her life. After all, no one ever proved the rumors about her father’s gruesome experiments. But when she learns her father is alive and continuing his work on a remote tropical island, she is determined to find out if the accusations were true.

Juliet is accompanied by the doctor’s handsome young assistant and an enigmatic castaway, who both attract Juliet for very different reasons. They travel to the island only to discover the depths of her father’s madness: he has created animals that have been vivisected to resemble, speak, and behave as humans. Worse, one of the creatures has turned violent and is killing the island’s inhabitants. Juliet knows she must end her father’s dangerous experiments and escape the island, even though her horror is mixed with her own scientific curiosity. As the island falls into chaos, she discovers the extent of her father’s genius—and madness—in her own blood.
The Madman's Daughter comes on January 29, 2013 from Balzer + Bray/HarperTeen. For more info and news about the novel, visit check out the author's website. Click on the cover to go to the book's Goodreads page.

What book(s) do you "covet" this week?
Leave a comment with a link so we can check your WoW of the week too.


"Books I Covet" is a weekly or bi-weekly blog post series I am going to be doing here. It will feature books I am very excited about reading and plan on buying/borrowing in the near future. It is similar to the "Waiting On" meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine. However, some of the books may already be published and others may still be in pre-order. I will include the books' blurb, cover art, and/or release date if they're available. Click on the WoW image on the left to join in!

20 comments:

  1. London, 1894. This book already have me! :D Now I'll be also waiting for this one! :)
    Great pick! :)

    Tanja @ Ja čitam, a ti?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for this one, too, so awesome pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I requested for an ARC of this one.Great pick!Thanks for stopping by!

    Nobonita@Daydreaming Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love historical book so this is SO going to be in my TBR pile. Awesome pick! :D

    Fara @ Tumbling In Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks good.
    Reminds me of an old movie called The Island of Dr. Moreau.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haven't heard of this one yet, but sounds interesting.
    Hope you get to read it soon! Feel free to check out my WoW here

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this one sounds really interesting too-love the historical setting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It doesn't sound like a book I would pick up, but maybe I just have to read it to get to know new stuff!! Thanks for sharing and stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sounds AWESOME! Wow, I hope it pulls it off!! I am so excited for it now too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, a modern take on "The Island of Dr. Moreau." I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, this one looks pretty good!

    http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.nl/2012/08/waiting-on-wednesday-18-wasteland.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds very interesting! Adding to my TBR list! Great pick! Thanks for sharing and stopping by My WoW post! 

    ~ Maida @ Literary Love Affair

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh this sounds interesting. Nice pick. Thanks for stopping by My WoW

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this cover and it sounds great. Nice pick..

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever
    http://booksliveforever.com/?p=2995

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great pick! I heard about this one just recently and think I'll check it out!
    Stopping by with My WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, this book sounds very creepy ! I can't wait to read it. Great pick

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great pick! I hadn't heard about this one before. And the cover is so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. RA training, woohoo! Kristan was an RA in college and loved it. So was her boyfriend -- and he even wrote a book about it! (The book is "NEW HOUSE 5: How a dorm becomes a home," if you're curious. Available for print and ereaders.)

    We've been hearing a lot of buzz about this book/series. Def want to check it out too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This sounds interesting but not my type. I hope you enjoy it, though. Thanks for stopping by my WOW.
    ~Marti@SBBCreviews

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.