Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Book I Covet: What Happens Next by Colleen Clayton

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 with
Why Michelle covets this book: What Happens Next almost went past my radar. I kept seeing the cover everywhere but for some reason I was just "eh" and moved on without really taking the time to read the synopsis.

And then I did read it one day.

It sounds like a book I'd really enjoy. It sort of reminded me of Daisy Whitney's The Mockingbirds (which I really liked). Now, I'm really excited.

book cover
How can you talk about something you can’t remember?

Before the ski trip, sixteen-year-old Cassidy “Sid” Murphy was a cheerleader (at the bottom of the pyramid, but still...), a straight-A student, and a member of a solid trio of best friends. When she ends up on a ski lift next to handsome local college boy, Dax Windsor, she’s thrilled; but Dax takes everything from Sid—including a lock of her perfect red curls—and she can’t remember any of it.

Back home and unable to relate to her old friends, Sid drops her college prep classes and takes up residence in the A/V room with only Corey “The Living Stoner” Livingston for company. But as she gets to know Corey (slacker, baker, total dreamboat), Sid finds someone who truly makes her happy. Now, if she can just shake the nightmares and those few extra pounds, everything will be perfect... or so she thinks.

Witty and poignant, Colleen Clayton’s stunning debut is a story about moving on after the unthinkable happens.
What Happens Next comes on October 9, 2012 from Little Brown Books for Young Readers. For more info and news about the novel, visit check out the author's website. Click on the cover to go to the book's Goodreads page.

What book(s) do you "covet" this week?
Leave a comment with a link so we can check your WoW of the week too.


"Books I Covet" is a weekly or bi-weekly blog post series I am going to be doing here. It will feature books I am very excited about reading and plan on buying/borrowing in the near future. It is similar to the "Waiting On" meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine. However, some of the books may already be published and others may still be in pre-order. I will include the books' blurb, cover art, and/or release date if they're available. Click on the WoW image on the left to join in!

25 comments:

  1. Sounds like it would be really good. Great pick..

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever
    http://booksliveforever.com/?p=3369

    ReplyDelete
  2. He takes a lock of her hair?!! I want to know what happened - what could happen on a ski lift? lol

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooooo mysterious. What did he do with that stuff? I'm intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, this sounds awesome! How have I not heard of it before? I'm going to have to check it out when it's released!

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! This book sounds so awesome! I'm hoping to get on an ARC tour...I threw my name in the hat, anyway. :) I can't believe I used to skip books like this! Anyway, Thanks for sharing & for stopping by my WoW post. Happy Wednesday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never heard of this one, sounds pretty great. Thanks for checking out my WoW! I have read Drink Slay Love, loved it. We're also doing a giveaway for Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater!

    Thanks!

    Anna @ Wandering Librarians

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like this one too, I can't wait to read it great choice. Thanks for stopping by today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, awesome! This one seems like a great fix for my current YA Contemporary addiction! And the release day is not that far away. I really need to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't heard of this before, but it looks really good! Thanks for letting me know about it!

    Rachel @ Beauty and the Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh this sounds really good, Michelle! I'm going to add it to my TBR. Great pick and thanks for stopping by The Readers Den. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. :) This book sounds wonderful! I have always loved contemporary stories about heartbreak and moving on afterwords, so i really want to read this book too. Thanks for introducing me to it and stopping by my blog!
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haven't seen this one until now, but sounds really interesting. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This does sound good! Thanks for sharing...and for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haven't heard of that one! Hope you enjoy it once you read it!

    Thanks for visiting my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ohhhh...I've been meaning to read this one! It sounds great! Awesome pick! Thanks for stopping by My WoW post! 

    ~ Maida @ Literary Love Affair

    ReplyDelete
  16. Haven't heard of this one before but now it has my attention! :)
    Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. The book sounds great. I find it very interesting and I would love to read it. Great pick. Thanks for stopping by my WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have not heard of this book but I will be checking it out! Thanks for spotlighting it! Check out my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Haven't heard of it, but it sounds great.
    Hope you get to read it soon.
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  20. I haven't heard of this one before now but it sounds great! thank-you for sharing.

    My WoW Post

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sounds good. I hadn't heard of this one before. Great pick! :)
    Here's my WoW.

    I also have a giveaway on my blog right now...come check it out and enter if you'd like!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ooooh, this sounds so great! Thanks for sharing, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oooh, this does sound interesting! I kind of passed this book by before too but the premise sounds really good! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ~Sara @ Forever 17 Books

    ReplyDelete
  24. I’ve never heard of this one but it sounds really interesting.
    Thanks for visiting My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  25. This sounds so good. Great pick! Thanks for visiting my WoW post! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.