Book I Covet: Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan

First, we want to welcome our new blog readers who discovered us through the YA Blog Hop! We will be announcing the winner of the hop on Friday so look out for that.

Um... you all kind of caught us at a bad time.

I am in the last week of resident advisor training and the residents are also starting to trickle in so we're busy with checking in and welcome week activities. This means that you will not see any reviews from me or Leslie too (she's busy with school, band, AP classes and just being a high school junior) this week.

But we hope you'll stick with us. There will be more posts next week including my review of Seraphina by Rachel Hartman, an e-book giveaway and maybe a discussion post.

Okay, unto Michelle's "book I covet" pick of the week:

Why Michelle covets this book: The cover was what got my attention because I love covers like Unspoken's (see also Sisters Red and Shadow and Bone). But after I read the synopsis, I knew it was a book I gotta read. I like the mix of mystery, secrets and possibly an understated romance.

book cover
Kami Glass loves someone she’s never met . . . a boy she’s talked to in her head ever since she was born. She wasn’t silent about her imaginary friend during her childhood, and is thus a bit of an outsider in her sleepy English town of Sorry-in-the-Vale. Still, Kami hasn’t suffered too much from not fitting in. She has a best friend, runs the school newspaper, and is only occasionally caught talking to herself. Her life is in order, just the way she likes it, despite the voice in her head.

But all that changes when the Lynburns return.

The Lynburn family has owned the spectacular and sinister manor that overlooks Sorry-in-the-Vale for centuries. The mysterious twin sisters who abandoned their ancestral home a generation ago are back, along with their teenage sons, Jared and Ash, one of whom is eerily familiar to Kami. Kami is not one to shy away from the unknown—in fact, she’s determined to find answers for all the questions Sorry-in-the-Vale is suddenly posing. Who is responsible for the bloody deeds in the depths of the woods? What is her own mother hiding? And now that her imaginary friend has become a real boy, does she still love him? Does she hate him? Can she trust him?
Unspoken (The Lynburn Legacy #1) comes on September 11, 2012 from Random House Books for Young Readers. For more info and news about the novel, visit check out the author's website. Click on the cover to go to the book's Goodreads page.

What book(s) do you "covet" this week?
Leave a comment with a link so we can check your WoW of the week too.


"Books I Covet" is a weekly or bi-weekly blog post series I am going to be doing here. It will feature books I am very excited about reading and plan on buying/borrowing in the near future. It is similar to the "Waiting On" meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine. However, some of the books may already be published and others may still be in pre-order. I will include the books' blurb, cover art, and/or release date if they're available. Click on the WoW image on the left to join in!

18 comments

  1. I love the red on the cover and have been encouraged by the reviews I've seen so far-looks like it will be a good read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I. LOVED. THIS. BOOK. I was sad to hear that B&N isn't carrying it in-store. And Breenan seems to think it's BECAUSE of the cover. Bah. I love the cover. It's what attracted my attention at first. And then the supremely unique and captivating story sealed the deal. :) Thanks for sharing & for stopping by my WoW post! Happy Wednesday! :D

    P.S. I completely agree about the cover change on the Shatter Me series. I'm so tired of the girls-in-pretty-dresses covers, and I actually think the new covers fit the tone of the story so much better. Not too many agree with us, though, apparently. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I kept seeing this cover and it didnt really catch my attention cause it looked kind of cartoony and I didnt even read the description. My bad because it sounds amazing! Great pick and thats for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds really awesome! I'll be adding it to my TBR :) Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to read this! It sounds fantastic and has been getting some amazing reviews already. Great pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wanted to read this book badly but then I was rejected on netgalley!! Gah I can't wait to read this!!! Great pick! :)

    Here is my Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoa, I hadn't heard of this book before, but it sounds too awesome to not read! :O Not to mention the cover. Thanks for sharing! :)

    Mary @ Books Equal Brains

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cover is so pretty. I've been wanting to read this book. The blurb sounds exciting. I like the mystery behind it. Great pick :) Thanks for stopping by my WOW

    -Dannielle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pick! This book is actually up on NetGalley, you know? Anyhow, I'm looking forward to this one, too! :)

    Thanks for dropping by my WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think this is one of those books I added to my TBR pile on GR without actually reading the blurb, because of a recommendation. Having now read the blurb - holy cow!! What an awesome sounding premise! Great pick!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really great pick! I'm dying to read this one, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm really excited to read this one as well. It sounds so good and I really like the cover. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. We JUST picked up this book at a recent signing, where Sarah Rees Brennan was positively adorable and hilarious. (You may have read the post already, but just in case, here is our recap: http://www.weheartya.com/2012/08/ninja-ponies-in-massage-parlor-of_9.html)

    Anyway, can't wait to read it either!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The cover of this is really lovely, I don't know much about it but I'd pick it up if I saw it in a store. I am coveting SO, SO many books!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Holy crap this book looks awesome! I happen to LOVE this cover and it definitely got my attention. I'm adding this to the top of my wish list. I can't wait!!!

    Thanks for stopping by Book Cover Justice :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This book sounds really great! I've heard a lot about this book, hope it lives up to the expectations. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi, I am a new follower, I will need to check out this book! I'd love a follow back at http://endlessdaysofbooks.blogspot.com/

    Candace

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.