Books We Covet: The Lies That Bind and Because It Is My Blood

Today, we are highlighting two sequels we are really excited to get our hands on...

Why Michelle covets The Liar Society: Lies That Bind: Michelle read The Liar Society and she wants more of Kate. She's also a sucker for mystery reads.

book cover
Just when Kate Lowry thought she had life at elite private school Pemberly Brown figured out, she cracks open a fortune cookie to find a message from her best friend Grace—who's supposed to be dead.

Another Sister Gone

A classmate has gone missing, and Kate soon realizes that the disappearance is tied to the secret societies that rule her private school. Her best friend died for their secrets, and there's no way she'll let them get away with it twice. It's up to quirky outsider Kate to get some answers, but in a school where every answer leads to more questions and nothing's as it seems, who can she trust?
Lies That Bind (The Liar Society #2) comes out on November 1, 2012 from Sourcebooks Fire. For more info and news, visit and check out Lisa and Laura Roecker's blog. Click on the cover to go to the book's Goodreads page.

*******

Why Leslie covets Because It Is My Blood: Leslie really enjoyed All These Things I've Done and have been looking forward to the sequel ever since.

She's very disappointed they changed the cover though. She wished they'd stayed with book 1's initial cover and designed a similar cover for book 2. Alas...

book cover
“Every time I think I’m out, they pull me back in.” -Michael Corleone, The Godfather

Since her release from Liberty Children's Facility, Anya Balanchine is determined to follow the straight and narrow. Unfortunately, her criminal record is making it hard for her to do that. No high school wants her with a gun possession charge on her rap sheet. Plus, all the people in her life have moved on: Natty has skipped two grades at Holy Trinity, Scarlet and Gable seem closer than ever, and even Win is in a new relationship.But when old friends return demanding that certain debts be paid, Anya is thrown right back into the criminal world that she had been determined to escape. It’s a journey that will take her across the ocean and straight into the heart of the birthplace of chocolate where her resolve--and her heart--will be tested as never before.
Because It Is My Blood (Birthright #2) by Gabrielle Zevin comes out on September 18, 2012 from FSG (BYR). For more info and news, visit the novel's page on the MacMillan website. Click on the cover to go to the book's Goodreads page.


What book(s) do you "covet" this week?
Leave a comment with a link so we can check your WoW of the week too.


"Books I Covet" is a weekly or bi-weekly blog post series I am going to be doing here. It will feature books I am very excited about reading and plan on buying/borrowing in the near future. It is similar to the "Waiting On" meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine. However, some of the books may already be published and others may still be in pre-order. I will include the books' blurb, cover art, and/or release date if they're available. Click on the WoW image on the left to join in!

24 comments

  1. I haven't read the Liar Society yet, but it looks good. Actually - I don't know if I've even heard of it before.

    Our WoW is at Book Sake. –Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't Liar Society or All These Things! I'll have to check them out though, they definitely seem like great reads!

    Anna @ Literary Exploration

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the first cover! That blue hair with the hat is so amazing! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eep these both sound good..and they are book 2 in series..i need to go look at the first books! awesome picks, love the covers. Thanks for stopping by My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, they both sound really good. Definitely going on my TBR pile. :)
    Here's my WoW: http://www.yabookseasons.blogspot.com/2012/07/waiting-on-wednesday_18.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard of Liar Society before! It looks like a really great mystery read though, so I'll definitely be checking that one out. I wasn't a huge fan of All These Things, but I'm still planning on reading the sequel in hopes that I'll like it better. ;)

    Fabulous picks!

    -Aneeqah @ My Not So Real Life

    ReplyDelete
  7. I havent read the Birthright series but it looks really good. and i do hate when they change the covers part way into a series. but they are pretty new covers atleast.
    My WoW
    liz

    ReplyDelete
  8. These books sounds amazing! Very different from what I usually read, but they are definitely going on my TBR list! Thank you for stopping at my blog! :D

    ~ Maida @ Literary Love Affair 

    ReplyDelete
  9. Because It Is My Blood sounds so good - I'm going to have to check out the first one!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    Kelly
    Radiant Shadows

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the Liar Society covers! That blue hair is awesome! Very excited for Because It Is My Blood..really loved book one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't heard of either of those books, but they sound really good!

    Thank you so much for stopping by My WoW


    Magen Corrie
    ~Corrie the book,crazed girl

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have yet to read the first books in either of these series, but I've heard great things about both, The Liar Society in particular. Must read these soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't read either of these series, but I think I should check them out. Thanks for stopping by Clean Teen Fiction's WoW .

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for stopping by! I haven't heard about your picks. Now I will put on my TBR.

    I'm a new follower!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't like the cover for Because It Is My Blood; I wanted it to match All These Things I've Done. I don't even like it when considering it on its own without comparing it. But I am dying to read the book-one of my most anticipated reads of September!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooh, the Liar Society looks pretty good! Haven't read book one though, so I suppose I gotta do that first..

    Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier!

    Vanya D. @ YA Story Teller

    ReplyDelete
  17. I wish they hadn't changed the cover design either, I wasn't in love with the first book's cover but it's a lot better than this one. I am also looking forward to The Lies That Bind, I am not much of a mystery reader but I did enjoy The Liar Society. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oooh never heard of those books before but I will definitely be checking them out! Thanks for sharing <3

    Thanks for stopping by @Book-A-Holic!

    xoxo, Mariam @Book-A-Holic

    ReplyDelete
  19. I haven't read either of the first book for these but they definitely sound pretty interesting! I saw Gabrielle Zevin at a local event a couple months ago and she was great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey guys! I haven't had the chance to come by in ages and it looks like I have a lot to catch up on here.
    I've been in a real contemporary YA mood lately and seeing how much Michelle enjoyed he The Liar Society I think I'll have to try that book next.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I loved The Liar Society!! It was such a fun, awesome, addicting read that I def. need to read the second book in this series. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.